DEA is currently hiring for aDesigner/Drafter to support major projects in thePuget Sound region. This position will be located in our Bellevue, WA office and will operate under the direction of Professional Engineers and Project Managers as part of a team working on city, county, state, federal, and private projects. The primary focus for this position will be as support for a wide variety of Water Resources Projects, including, but not limited to, stormwater and sanitary conveyance design (gravity and pumped systems); surface water hydrology and hydraulic analysis and design; stormwater facilities design; floodplain management; culvert and bridge hydraulics; fish passage design; stream, wetland and habitat restoration analysis and design; planting design; preparation of infrastructure feasibility studies and master plans and preparation of engineering and construction plans.
Ideal candidates will be experienced in Microstation/Inroads and AutoCAD Civil 3D and have a good understanding of related water resources engineering concepts and design.
- Designing and drafting of stormwater management systems and sanitary sewer. Experience with potable water system is a benefit but not necessary.
- Preparing drawings/figures during design development phase.
- Revising project drawings marked up by client and/or Engineer.
- Create and manage electronic document file structure, naming convention in accordance with company or client standards.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Engineers, and Drafters to set-up and manage construction drawings and design documentation.
- Creating and/or modifying base drawings, which may be used in a variety of presentation documents.
- Can be relied on as productive team member and Microstation / Inroads Storm and Sanitary / AutoCAD / Civil 3D / user to work a typical set of project documents from beginning to end with professional quality output that conforms to company standards.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Follow CAD standards.
- Associates degree in Computer Drafting, Civil Technology, or a related degree preferred.
- Familiar with, or ability and desire to learn, utilizing state of the art computer drafting tools (Microstation, InRoads, OpenRoads/SUDA, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, )
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and work well under tight deadlines.
- Desire and willingness to work in a team-based environment that involves coordination with multiple design disciplines and offices.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiar with Microsoft applications.
- A minimum of 2 years of drafting experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional, financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals