WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences - the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world's most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives.
AMD together we advance_
In this position, you will perform Functional Verification of next generation high performance Microprocessor designs - with a focus on leveraging Emulation environments.
We are searching for candidates who love technical challenges and are natural problem solvers. Detail oriented people who seek continuous improvement and thrive in an innovative environment are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and run tools, infrastructure, processes and flows to enable functional verification in the emulation environment
- Develop emulation testbench components to stimulate and monitor the Device-Under-Test
- Maintain and improve emulation infrastructure and methodology.
- Develop and execute on verification test plans in emulation environments
- Develop, simulate and debug directed and random stimulus to find bugs in the microprocessor design and verify the functionality and verify conformance to the ISA and other specifications
- Work with RTL designers to resolve failures and discrepancies
- When presented with Silicon issues, replicate in the emulation environment, and provide debug expertise to root cause the issue and ensure complete validation
- Contribute towards and drive as needed pre-silicon and/or post-silicon verification of complex architectural and microarchitectural features
- Document test plans and testbench component plans and drive reviews with peers and partners
We are looking for design verification experience with a background in Emulation. Other skills include:
- Hardware Verification methodology and techniques such as emulation, assertions simulation, debug, coverage
- Emulator experience (e.g. Palladium, Veloce, ZeBu, HAPS)
- Debug tools or waveform viewers.
- Hands-on work in Verilog or System Verilog programming for either hardware modeling or testbench development or projects of similar scope and complexity
- Experience with industry standard verification testbench and IP methodology
- Scripting languages (e.g. Perl or Python or Ruby)
- CPU/GPU architecture knowledge is a plus
- Assembly language programming and Instruction Set Architecture knowledge is a plus
- MSEE, MSCE or related degree plus relevant years of experience
Santa Clara, CA
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.