At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where 'Health for all Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Senior Operations Manager
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Operations Manager (Nursery Operations), are to:
- Embrace and demonstrate a safety-first culture at all times;
- Perform daily operations as directed by site leadership;
- Accountable for safe and timely delivery of quality supply based on production schedules while maintaining an efficient operation;
- Perform duties in a manner that support overall site Key Metrics to include:
- Safety; Quality, TIP (total individual volume performance), TOP (total overall volume performance), and cost efficiency;
- Embrace an environment that promotes the building of good working relationships within the site;
- The Operations Manager reports to the Operations Lead and assists the with all facets of field and plant operations. The Operations Manager has leadership responsibility for the site technicians and field crew units and is a member of a team that strives for safety product quality, and process optimization and is expected to get results through influencing others, personal proficiency and modeling company values;
- Influential within org and with external partners, leading projects/initiatives at hub and across network, working independently, expert in particular areas, solid network, provide innovative solutions, high technical abilities, plan/direct/coordinate activities of others, mentor other Operations Managers;
- Accountable for business unit or project results through leadership and coordination across site strategy, prioritize and monitor projects to ensure completion within deadlines and budgets;
- Manages a small team of direct reports and leads managers of small teams; mentors, coaches and maintains a healthy working environment;
- Ensure product quality, reliability and on time delivery of the pipeline;
- Make tactical decisions to optimize local operations;
- Facilitate feedback, critical conversations, coaching, and development planning at all levels of the organization;
- Ensures visibility and resolution of production pipeline challenges;
- Engage with site leadership to ensure aligned vision for optimal future state and reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables;
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties - regardless of mileage.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- manufacturing or related areas;
- People management/development, coaching experience;
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs;
- . In order to be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the
- company's Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers - MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening;
- Ability to critically think about the business;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
- Must have availability to meet overtime demands, including occasional work on weekends and holidays.
- Preferred degree disciplines: Agriculture, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Business, Engineering;
- 5+ years' work-related experience in agriculture, supply chain, or manufacturing;
- 2+ years people manager experience.
Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $80,400 and $120,500. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant's location, market data/ranges, an applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Domestic relocation may be provided for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|Bayer is an E-Verify Employer.
|United States : Hawaii : Kihei