Energy Transfer is a Texas-based company that began in 1995 as a small intrastate natural gas pipeline operator and is now one of the largest and most diversified investment grade master limited partnerships in the United States. Energy Transfer is now one of the most diversified, publicly traded energy infrastructure Partnerships in the country with more than 120,000 miles of pipeline and associated infrastructure traversing 38 states and Canada, international offices in Canada and Beijing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare federal, state and local tax returns, including related schedules, work papers and reports;
- Calculate estimated tax payments for tax paying entities;
- Prepare wire and/or check requests for payment of taxes and code payments to the correct general ledger accounts;
- Reconcile income tax related accounts on the general ledger;
- Calculate monthly tax accruals for federal, state and foreign taxes; and
- Work on special projects as needed
Required education or minimum level:
- Preferably junior status as of Fall 2024
- Must possess a strong willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to adapt well to rapidly changing priorities and responsibilities
- Ability to organize, perform and prioritize various functions in a fast paced environment
- Must be a team player, and able to work effectively with a diverse workforce and with various levels within the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word is required;
- Knowledge of corporate or partnership tax preparation software packages (Insource, GoRS, ProSystem, etc) is preferred.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Walking, standing frequently.