Posting Locations: Memphis
Pay Range:$17.50-$18.00, depending on experience
Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates.
We offer great rewards, competitive pay, career advancement and growth opportunities.
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
- 401(k) with Company matching on a dollar-for-dollar basis
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Group Health Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Refresh and Grow your Career with Us!
The Delivery Merchandiser Trainee is a fast-paced position responsible for learning and becoming efficient in the daily duties of route delivery and merchandising in all disciplines, including stocking and facing products on shelves and displays, in coolers and cooling vaults. This individual should be capable of giving route relief when and where needed, as well as being prepared to take a permanent route assignment in any route delivery discipline.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn to drive a Class A CDL vehicle and obtain required licensing within 10 weeks of training start date. Under supervision learn processes, and gain the skills necessary to service customers using all equipment utilized in the delivery process such as invoicing using a handheld device; begin and end of shift check-in, out accounting procedures for cash and paperwork accountability. Properly secure company assets and inventory, and while safely and properly handling products upon delivery at customer locations
- Learn and develop merchandising habits and techniques to ensure customer and consumer satisfaction while ensuring Company merchandising standards are met and understand how to execute commercial plans in our customer's outlets
- Develop good rotation practices and the importance of point of sales such as racks and shippers; learn how to effectively build and maintain displays of our products, product facing, and brand order along with proper backroom management of our products
- Develop customer service skills by working with our customers to understand their needs and communicating back to the appropriate manager any customer service issues
- Responsible for appropriate behavior while executing job functions, promoting personal safety, and the safe use of needed equipment. Learn and adhere to company standards on safety, equipment safety, and proper usage and learns all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration rules regarding DOT and Hours of Service
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Beverage, delivery industry knowledge
- Customer management
- Continuous improvement andinitiative
- Sales ability
- Previousroute delivery, direct store delivery, stocking, merchandising products, or retail management experience is strongly preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be self-motivated with a high degree of integrity and be able to perform job duties with minimal supervision on a timely basis
- Must reflect dependability, initiative, professional demeanor, and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, continuous lifting environment
- Ability to lift, up to, 75 pounds, repeatedly and multiple times a day
- Availability and willingness to work some weekends holidays
- Valid driver's license for your state of residency and excellent driving history reflected in the seven-year Motor Vehicle Report will be reviewed
- The ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (Class A CDL), not required for hire
- Ability to pass and maintain D.O.T. physical requirements
Work environment will vary, including but not limited to exposure to weather conditions, coolers, and customer storage areas which may be non-temperature controlled
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.