Company Generac Power Systems
Name Staff Front-End Software Engineer
Req # 63109
Employment Type Full Time
Are you interested in joining a high-growth company and software team in the Clean Energy industry?
Do you have expertise in React Native and front-end technologies, with a touch of UI/UX design skills?
Come join the Clean Energy Team in our mission to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy and create a more intelligent home.
Generac Power Systems is seeking a Staff Front-End Software Engineer, with a focus on React Native. We are actively working to reduce global carbon emissions through the manufacturing and sale of renewable power backup systems. We are seeking engineers looking to apply their technology skills to the creation of mobile apps that support this mission.
Our company has recently experienced explosive growth from its start-up origin, and we need to aggressively scale up our technology while continuing to drive innovation of consumer power electronics. We are growing extremely fast and looking to build strong brand recognition as the go-to home battery backup system with installers, homeowners, and grid operators by building reliable, robust, IoT systems with featureful mobile applications.
Why work for us?
- You want to contribute technologically to the reduction of worldwide carbon emissions.
- You want to help build a distributed power generation network.
- You want to interact with a modern tech stack.
- You want to contribute to the adoption of our end-user applications.
What will you do?
You will have significant responsibility and influence in shaping the applications you build. We are looking for someone to iterate quickly on all stages from development to production, including bringing new products to market.
Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, and a belief that data-driven processes lead to great products. You will need to have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems.
Above all, you should be passionate about solving real-world problems, and bringing value to the apps you create.
As part of this role, you will be required to:
- Architect and implement mobile apps in React Native and Typescript that meet market needs and are easily extended with evolving business needs.
- Drive end-to-end software development from design through deployment and post-deployment improvements.
- Innovate UI/UX design by collaborating with product managers, designers, and other engineers as required.
- Review wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps in Figma.
- Implement infrastructure for the ease of validation and mobile app maintenance.
- Review project ideas and provide technology input, prescribing appropriate application solutions, which balance business requirements with Generac's technology standards to arrive at the optimal solution.
- Maintain technical expertise in emerging front-end technical trends.
- Write user and technical specifications in line with business needs.
- Self-directed and capable of working in a dynamic environment with a high attention to detail.
- Travel to different facilities worldwide, collaborating with teams and deploying our solutions.
What will you be required to have?
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years experience with Typescript and React Native, and tools such as Redux
- Experience with UI/UX design, preferably with Figmas
- Deep understanding of front-end architecture and data-driven development
What other skills would be helpful?
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, IAM, etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and processes; Git, Jenkins, Maven, CircleCI.
- Proven ability to build team depth and mentor engineers.
- Be engaged, proactive, and positive when taking on challenging tasks, owning assignments, and taking accountability for personal and overall team success.