82 Albany Street
Cazenovia, NY 13035
Starting Rate - $16.00/hour to $18.31/hour, actual rate will depend on experience.
Position is overtime eligible
Who Are We?
AmeriCU is a not-for-profit credit union based in Rome, NY with assets in excess of $2.5 Billion and serving a membership base of over 150,000 members across Central New York, the United States, and beyond. For 72+ years we have been committed to our members, our employees, and our communities. In 2022 we were once again recognized as one of the best Companies to Work for in New York State, and most recently AmeriCU has once again been recognized as one of the Best Credit Union's in American by Forbes. This year, only 3.4% of all credit unions earned the recognition of being a best-in-state credit union. In New York, 4 credit unions qualified for the honor - AmeriCU ranked #2 in NYS.
AmeriCU Credit Union is in search of a Teller who aligns directly with our mission to provide our members with the right financial services to live life, dream big, and achieve financial success, and our vision to be the most admired organization in every community we serve. You will provide professional and quality service that exceeds member expectations. Evaluate member needs to provide the right financial products and services. Develop, manage, expand and retain relationships with members and potential members. Educate and prepare members for financial success.
What You'll Do:
As a Teller
your primary responsibilities will include:
- Greet members in a professional and enthusiastic manner that embraces the MVP-1 Team culture.
- Serve members via face-to-face or through the remote teller system (RTS) with their banking transactions, including but not limited to processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, money orders and savings bonds, etc.,
- Ensure all transactions are performed accurately and efficiently for balancing purposes, May prepare daily reports such as daily inventory, kiosk/ATM and Coin Machine balancing sheets, Record into the Customer Relationship Management software (Synapsys) all encounters with both members and non-members for accurate recording of services provided.
- Adhere to credit union and departmental policies and procedures.
- Cover shifts as needed in any Financial Center within your assigned region. You may be required to assist another region if needed. A reasonable commute from their primary Financial Center.
Come grow with us!
Whether you are just starting out or have been working in your field already, we offer opportunities for growth and advancement. It is our goal to hire employees who will provide exceptional service to our members and who value giving back and supporting the communities we serve. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
Competitive rates on our Medical, Dental and Vision plans
Generous contribution to your Health Savings Account, if you choose to enroll in one of AmeriCU's High Deductible Health plans
Paid Time off - Vacation, Personal or Sick and Birthday
Employee Appreciation Events
401(k) Matching after 1 year of employment
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement for Full-time employees after 1 year of employment
Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, free to all Full-time employees
Enhanced Short Term Disability - at no cost to you!
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VISA sponsorship not available for our positions.