Motor vehicle accident reconstruction consultant responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of small to mid-scale client projects regarding automotive design and litigation analysis to support and ensure that goals/objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the below duties personally, or with the assistance of other consultants, technologists, and administrative assistants.
- Conducts and directs field investigations of motor vehicle crash sites as needed.
- Performs engineering analysis of motor vehicle accidents.
- Determine factors that may affect auto design / manufacturing limitations.
- Authors high-quality technical reports.
- Conducts well-developed and well-prepared client presentations.
- Testifies in court and provides depositions if requested by clients.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and arranges for assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates project within prescribed schedule and budget scopes.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Seeks technical advice and oversight from more experienced consultants when necessary.
- Coordinates proper internal project technical reviews.
- Works with Business Development to identify potential clients and strategies to build client base.
- Actively participates in Business Development activities, including client meetings, presentations, and appropriate conferences.
- Mentors earlier-career employees in growth and development.
- Actively works to develop client base and book of business
- Actively seeks to develop professionally in skills, experience, and industry reputation.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering; Advanced degree in Engineering preferred.
- 4+ years' related experience and/or training in an industrial, manufacturing, or automotive design and investigation environment.
- Forensic consulting, or industry consulting. Authoring of high-quality technical reports and/or peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience providing expert testimony is highly desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred; required to obtain PE if candidate does not possess
- ACTAR certification or ability to obtain.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as well as Adobe Acrobat Professional. Windows Operating System experience highly preferred.
- Intermediate skills in graphics programs, Internet browsers, and database programs.
- Basic Accident Reconstructive Software.
Other Skills/Abilities or Other Qualifications:
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional manner and develop business both internally and externally.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner both orally and in writing.
- Experience preparing technical reports and providing expert testimony desired.
- Must be available to travel occasionally as part of the national practice.
- Knowledgeable in use of 3D scanning and sUAS desirable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders, and sit. Site inspections may require that employees stand, walk, carry tools, and/or work from an elevated position for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Noise levels at project sites are variable, and may be loud enough to require hearing protection.
To all recruitment agencies: ESi does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of ESi without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of ESi. Please, no phone calls or emails.
It is the policy of ESI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status. ESI is committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting people with disabilities, as well as veterans. If you need assistance with completing the electronic application, please email your request to