Company Generac Power Systems
Name Staff System Test Engineer - Clean Energy
Req # 62949
Employment Type Full Time
It's a challenge and an invitation. Most importantly, it's an opportunity to join an innovative industry leader as part of our Clean Energy Team. As we invest in new companies and technologies, we're shaping the market and becoming a global powerhouse in the Energy Storage System Market, leading to steady, unprecedented growth. This rapid growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect a modular test platform that is ultra-reliable and easily scalable.
- Lead system design to test high-voltage power electronics, battery modules, thermal systems, cells, etc. Adopt design for lab validation, regression test setup, and production environment.
- Innovate test system design to meet accuracy, cycle time, and other performance factors.
- Build quick test setups for early prototypes.
- Collaborate closely with hardware design and firmware teams to understand the product and its functionalities. Investigate root causes of failures and drive product improvements.
- Participate hands-on during hardware bring-up, system debugging, and help with software optimization.
- Incorporate design techniques to achieve ease of validation and maintenance.
- Establish standards to document test specifications and execute them.
- Challenge ideas and decisions with reasoning from first principles.
- Travel to different facilities worldwide to collaborate with teams and deploy our solutions.
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in designing distributed systems.
- Strong understanding of electrical theory.
- Shows a keen understanding of physics and follows first principles in design.
- Expertise in designing test systems for HV battery systems and power electronics.
- Experience with the latest platforms of test and measurement hardware.
- Familiar with electrical design tools such as EPlan or AutoCAD.
- Experience using system-level languages (such as Golang, Rust, C, C++, etc.) to automate systems.
- Experience with microcontrollers and communication protocols (CAN, SPI, I2C, etc.).
- Familiar with using environmental chambers to perform regression testing.
- Proven ability to build team depth and mentor engineers.
- Be engaged, proactive, and positive when taking on challenging tasks, owning assignments, and taking accountability for personal and overall team success.
- We are an inclusive company that celebrates differences and keeps equity and respect at the forefront.
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, & 401k
- 401 (k) retirement savings plans with company match
- Medical support programs: Maternity, Diabetes, Treatment Decision Support and more
- Work-life benefits: PTO and Holidays