Company Generac Power Systems
Name Market Development Manager - South Central
Req # 62919
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry. Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
Job Summary: The Market Development Manager is responsible for increasing market share and brand preference of Generac Power Systems - Mobile channel within key end markets. This role will actively prospect new business opportunities with major end market accounts in commercial construction, infrastructure development, energy, and other markets as identified. This individual will develop and execute targeted strategies, establish program agreements, and drive product sales to the end market users through our current distribution platform.
This role will be supporting our South Central Territory of the US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify key end market prospects and the development of the Major Account sales program.
- Plan and implement sales strategies to maximize share and margin; motivate customers to prefer Generac products over the competition.
- Expand customer base by identifying new partners and developing new customer opportunities.
- Build and maintain an extensive pipeline of new Major Account opportunities. Position is 80% new account development and 20% account management.
- Build strong relationships with established Major Account customers and GMP support teams to enhance long-term business relationships.
- Partner with Product Managers to advise customers on specification based on application and technical needs.
- Maintain sales records in CRM and current activity on progress to provide accurate forecasting information.
- Work with sales and business leadership to develop a business plans to support each Major Account's growth initiatives.
- Provide market feedback and competitive intelligence to business and sales leadership.
- Maintain tight follow up on programs to close opportunities effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate proficiently with GMP sales team members to ensure coordinated effort to capture and serve Major Accounts effectively.
- Be responsible for the overall success of our relationship across all touch points.
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel 50-70% of the time
- 4 years of related field experience OR 8 years of field experience calling on larger equipment, construction or engineering companies preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering
- Detailed, focused and organized
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple audiences including top management, technical product specifiers and asset managers
- Proven success identifying, developing and fostering key business relationships
- Ability to translate strategic account assessments into actionable business initiatives
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to develop customized programs to meet the needs of the purchaser and distribution
- Previous experience working with RFP purchasing processes: proven ability to navigate from bid to award to an effective close
- Previous experience identifying leading market indicators and major projects through various tools such as McGraw-Dodge and Industrial Information Resource/PEC reports
- Previous experience in the power generation, heavy equipment, or industrial equipment industries
- Working knowledge of OEM / Distribution model;
- Effective negotiation skills with the ability to understand a complex sales process and direct closure strategies
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Ability to travel throughout US and Canada 50-70% of the time and driver's license is required.
- We are an inclusive company that celebrates differences and keeps equity and respect at the forefront.
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, & 401k
- 401 (k) retirement savings plans with company match
- Medical support programs: Maternity, Diabetes, Treatment Decision Support and more
- Work-life benefits: PTO and Holidays
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."