E2 Optics is an award-winning, Woman-Owned technology integrator, headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We help clients deploy remarkably efficient solutions that are modern, turnkey, and minimize operational costs. We design low voltage solutions that seamlessly integrate audiovisual, physical security, structured cabling, and wireless solutions, including DAS and WiFi systems. Our experience spans Enterprise and Government clients within the Energy, Finance, Health Care, Higher Education, Manufacturing, Media & Communications, and Transportation industries. Our Core Values, which are built around Safety, guide our business, employees, and relationships with customers and partners. We embrace these values to be a better business and better people, while having fun in the process. As a result, we've set a new standard, and our clients have made E2 Optics one of America's largest and fastest-growing companies.
Working as a member of a project team, the Installer is primarily responsible for enhancing over-all jobsite productivity. The Installer will assist with multiple aspects of the cable installation process including pathway construction, rough-in, routing, Telecommunication Room build-out, cable terminations, labeling and bonding in accordance to existing standards.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety is our number one Core Value. Follow safe work practices and company and client worksite policies.
- Assisting the project team with installation activities asneeded.
- Proactively maintain jobsite organization and basic housekeeping. Organize materials, tools, and equipment, collect debris, and ensure hazardous conditions are promptlyaddressed.
- Learn to read and interpret floorplans, drawings, specifications, and cutsheets.
- Learn about the different materials and methodologies involved with the installation of a structured cablingsystem.
- Seek to understand a task and ask relevant questions before beginning to complete it.
- Maintain a satisfactory compliance with customer security requirements.
- Exhibit and maintain professional appearance and behavior.
- Travel: This position is generally expected to require minimal overnight travel (5%) in certain regions, could require frequent (50%+) overnight and extended out-of-town travel in others. The individual in this role should be able and willing to travel as required by E2.
- Additional Responsibilities: As identified and assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- OSHA 30 within first 2 weeks in role.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- (Zero to 1 year experience-Installer I), (2-3 yrs experience -Installer II) working in Structured Cabling or related industry/construction.
- Read, write and understand English.
- Able to distinguish color codes
- Ability to listen carefully to and follow instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, dependable and exercise efficient time management at the job site.
- Demonstrate accountability for safety, quality, and productivity. Exhibit a positive attitude.
- Solid team player.
- High attention to detail with demonstrated ability to source and follow standards.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work days, nights and weekends as project requires.
- Self-motivated with excellent work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively in versatile work environments.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The standard work environment for this position is an indoors business office and construction environment. Ability to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands, stoop, kneel, bend, rotate, push, pull, reach with hands and arms on intermittent to regular basis daily. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must regularly carry and climb ladders to 20 feet. The employee may be required to work in tight, confided spaces. The employee must demonstrate regular and on-time attendance. There could be a requirement of occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
E2 Benefits include: Employee paid monthly medical premiums, matching 401k, paid holidays and 3 weeks paid time off.
DISCLAIMER: The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Actively recruits qualified women, minorities, disabled and veterans for all positions for which they are qualified.
TEXTING TERMS OF SERVICE: We may send text messages you have consented to receive. Message frequency may vary. You can cancel text messages at any time by texting "STOP". After you send "STOP", we may send you an additional text message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. You will no longer receive text messages from that phone number, or from any member of our team. If at any time you have questions about the text messages, text "HELP". After you send "HELP" we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe. Message and data rates may apply.