E2 Optics is an award-winning, Woman-Owned technology integrator, headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We help clients deploy remarkably efficient solutions that are modern, turnkey, and minimize operational costs. We design low voltage solutions that seamlessly integrate audiovisual, physical security, structured cabling, and wireless solutions, including DAS and WiFi systems. Our experience spans Enterprise and Government clients within the Energy, Finance, Health Care, Higher Education, Manufacturing, Media & Communications, and Transportation industries. Our Core Values, which are built around Safety, guide our business, employees, and relationships with customers and partners. We embrace these values to be a better business and better people, while having fun in the process. As a result, we've set a new standard, and our clients have made E2 Optics one of America's largest and fastest-growing companies.
The role of the DAS/Wireless Project Manager is to estimate, plan, execute, invoice, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring materials, resources, and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. This individual assures on-time delivery of services to customers while managing and ensuring all facets of high-quality projects are delivered on budget and within schedule resulting in superior customer satisfaction and additional work for E2 Optics. The DAS/Wireless Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and ensure safety and quality control throughout its life cycle.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety is E2 Optics's number one Core Value. Monitor and ensure compliance with all E2 Optics, customer and applicable OSHA safety requirements.
- Promotes Company Core Values to foster and safeguard family-centric culture.
- Performs RF engineering activities supporting the design, development and optimizations of the wireless networks.
- Performs RF IBwave design and engineering.
- Assists with sales engineering.
- Perform/assist with technician commissioning and optimization on DAS systems.
- Develop and manage remote monitoring or annual maintenance contract customers.
- Interface with the sales team and provide pre-sales functional and/or technical support for developing opportunities.
- Prepare, provide, produce estimates with a detailed review of plans, specifications and bid form: gather or develop data such as scope of work, subcontractor quotes, floor plans, etc. to produce customer proposals.
- Cultivate and maintain customer relationships to secure and expand business opportunities.
- At start-up, provide initial client interface with client to assess scope of work, schedule and resources necessary to successfully complete a project.
- Work with the Operations team to ensure proper materials, equipment and labor are available.
- Specific to the general contractor or customer, establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies.
Project Close Out:
- Manage project scheduling requirements including material purchases, deliveries and returns, identification of products and parts, quantities, timing of material purchases, etc. to control costs and meet contract requirements.
- Manage subcontractor and vendor relationships; streamline project activities for efficiencies; communicate with staff and upper management to keep all informed of customer and job requirements
- Resolving customer issues and concerns or plan deviations; communicate with internal and external stakeholders and upper management to ensure customer needs and priorities are being properly addressed.
- Work with estimating department or individually to prepare any and all change quotations for presentation to the prime client. Negotiate all change quotations to a conclusion.
- Monitor installation activities in conjunction with the onsite E2 personnel to ensure project is delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Monitor work to ensure proper quality assurance practices are maintained and documented to E2 Optics standards.
- Manage job cost/profitability and schedules through internal systems and reports: work with customer teams to meet master schedule such as providing specific work dates for scheduled items; communicate with internal resources regarding project updates, scope changes, order changes, and other events impacting the project; ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met. Track projects, evaluate cost vs. performance to ensure projects come in on time and within budget.
- Represent the company in client project meetings.
- Participate in all meetings, conference calls and company required meetings throughout the year as assigned by your manager.
- Ensure all project close-outs are completed efficiently and accurately. May be required to assist in accounts receivable when required.
- Manage customer acceptance and sign off of the projects.
- Communicate construction notice-to-proceed requirements to customer when required.
- Complete all project closeouts, including site walks, punch list item completion, document scanning, test results, and site binder.
- Ensure all construction related documentation (permits, as-built drawings, etc.) is properly retained and stored into E2 Optics project filing system (electronic and hard copies).
- TEAM DEVELOPMENT
- Provide coaching, development and guidance to direct reports and/or team members, encouraging and guiding them to remain current with emerging technologies
- The individual in this role should be able and willing to travel as required by E2 Optics.
- High School Diploma required, or GED required, Associate's or Bachelor's degree.
- RF, or equivalent Engineering degree preferred.
- Certified PMP preferred.
- RCDD certification preferred.
- iBwave Design Certification (L1 and/or L2 required)
- GROLL FCC License required
- OSHA 10 or 30 preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum 8 years' experience in wireless communication and telecommunications project management
- Experienced with carrier RF system design and optimization practices
- Thorough knowledge of DAS technology, architecture, fiber design and deployment requirements
- Provide commissioning efforts for in building Cell DAS deployments with various DAS technologies and manufacturers
- Knowledge of data infrastructure industry including technology, quality and safety standards.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of the PMBOK Guides and Standards
- Minimum 5 years' supervision and/or training experience, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Experience presenting effectively to small and large groups.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, etc.) and MS Project. Auto CAD preferred.
- Decision Making and Judgment: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for particular problems, there may be no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. This individual may be on their own in solving problems and determining satisfactory solutions, and providing support direct reports.
- Knowledge of structured cabling industry including technology, quality, and safety standards.
- Ability to support the Sr Project Manager or Regional Supervisor in leading, developing, and managing field employees.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to learn and support new and quickly-changing technologies.
- Ability to research solutions or information regarding technical issues.
- Good work habits under pressure, flexible during times of change.
- Ability to work within deadlines while maintaining high work quality including ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.
- Effective performance management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
- Demonstrated team work and versatility in integrating into multiple work environments
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The standard work environment for this position is an indoors business office and construction environment. Ability to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands, stoop, kneel, bend, rotate, push, pull, reach with hands and arms on intermittent to regular basis daily. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must regularly carry and climb ladders to 20 feet. The employee may be required to work in tight, confided spaces. The employee must demonstrate regular and on-time attendance. There could be a requirement of occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
E2 Benefits include: Employee paid monthly medical premiums, matching 401k, paid holidays and 3 weeks paid time off.
DISCLAIMER: The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Actively recruits qualified women, minorities, disabled and veterans for all positions for which they are qualified.
TEXTING TERMS OF SERVICE: We may send text messages you have consented to receive. Message frequency may vary. You can cancel text messages at any time by texting "STOP". After you send "STOP", we may send you an additional text message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. You will no longer receive text messages from that phone number, or from any member of our team. If at any time you have questions about the text messages, text "HELP". After you send "HELP" we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe. Message and data rates may apply.