Cognex is the largest, most successful and recognized global player in industrial machine vision! We are a financially strong, international company with no debt and have been in business for over 40 years. Using advanced optics, image sensors and artificial intelligence software Cognex vision and ID systems capture an image then analyze it to make sense of what's being seen.We are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment, guided by our "Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast" culture, which celebrates employee innovation, determination, and dedication in a dynamic, fun, and distinctive atmosphere.
We are working on a hybrid schedule, 3 days in the office, 2 at home.
The Senior Indirect Procurement Manager is a newly created position, with high visibility to executive management. This is an opportunity to build out the indirect procurement organization and process to drive organizational maturity to the procurement function.
* Optimization of Cognex's indirect supply base including driving cost savings, supplier rationalization, category strategies, ongoing supplier relationship management
* Partner with business leaders to identify and achieve annual savings targets for indirect spend
* Personally oversee highest value RFPs and supplier contract negotiations while establishing best practices for the organization
* Build processes and procedure for indirect spend process
* Maintain up to date knowledge in procurement practices and technologies as well as market trendsfor key areas of focus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
* Self-starter with capacity to be a change agent, demonstrating persistence and resiliencies when faced with challenges.
* Disciplined, experienced project manager. Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
* Strong leadership and business process skills, able to help bring best practices in indirect procurement and drive process and organizational change necessary for them to be broadly embraced
* Strong business partnership skills and can quickly build relationships with leaders across a range of functions and styles.
* Proven trusted advisor to the business on all things sourcing related
* Superior analytic and problem-solving skills
* Ability to clearly communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders and persuasively present information both in writing and verbally.
Education and work experience required
* Bachelor's degree, ideally in engineering, business, operations, supply chain or a related discipline; MBA or advanced degree preferred
* Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in sourcing / indirect procurement activities
* Experience operating in a well-functioning indirect procurement function (mix of big & small company experience helpful)
* Experience leading RFPs and negotiating complex business transformation activities (e.g. outsourcing agreements, multi-faceted enterprise software and systems integration agreements, transition service agreements in M&A)Additional Job Description
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cognex is an equal opportunity employer. Cognex evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.