About us:Alamo NEX Construction, LLC is a part of the Ferrovial Group in Texas. In 2021, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) selected Alamo NEX Construction, LLC, a joint venture between Ferrovial Construction Texas, LLC and DBW, LLC (both Ferrovial Group subsidiaries), to complete the Interstate 35 (I-35) NEX Central Project. This project is a $1.5 billion Texas Design-Build (DB) project through the cities of San Antonio, Live Oak, Selma, and Schertz that will consist of non-tolled improvements along I-35, I-140, and Loop 1604. The proposed improvements will include the addition of elevated managed lanes to I-35, addition of 4 connector bridges at the I-35/I-410 North interchange, addition of 4 connector bridges at the I-35/Loop 1604 interchange, and widening of Loop 1604 in Bexar and Guadalupe Counties.Job Description:
Job Description: Crane Operator
Schedule: Varying Schedule
Operate a lattice boom, rough terrain crane to hoist and move materials, raise and lower heavy weights, and perform other related operation
- Operate crawler type or rubber tire cranes on rough terrains
- Understand and follow OSHA procedures and requirements related to crane operation.
- Calculate loads and evaluate crane picks for safety and feasibility.
- May include placement of rock riprap, clamshell, dragline, pipe, and pile driving operations
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, and levers, and depress pedals to operate machines
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate loading of dirt, rocks, and other materials
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions such as utility lines, equipment, workers, and falling objects
- Perform maintenance procedures on equipment such as oiling, greasing, and other service to the machine
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to equipment
- Other unlisted duties will be assigned
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required
- Crane operator certifications through accredited third party.
- Ability to communicate in English via verbal and written communications
- Move throughout a construction jobsite which includes minor obstacles including climbing ladders and inclines, operating heavy equipment, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Heavy physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Work outdoors with exposure to changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Alamo NEX Construction, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Alamo NEX Construction, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.