Company Generac Power Systems
Name Maintenance Electrician II Journeyman - 2nd shift
Req # 62637
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry. Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
Job Summary: The Maintenance Electrician II Journeyman is expected to install and repair electrical systems and electrical components on industrial machinery and in factory settings. Responsible for daily problem solving and repair of robotic, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, and controls related issues associated with manufacturing/facility operations. Follows established procedures, processes, or policies, but is expected to use judgment in resolving issues or recommending solutions.
- A technical, Associates Degree or certificate in a maintenance related field
- 6+ years of experience in commercial/industrial electrical/maintenance
- Preferred experience on equipment and automation consistent with a metal fabrication, paint, and assembly operation.
- Ability to train apprentices
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Contributes to identifying problems and implementing appropriate countermeasures. Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
- Working knowledge of PLC hardware and programming systems, ability to maintain and troubleshoot PLC controlled equipment is required.
- Ability to work from drawings, sketches, and blueprints.
- Intermediate PC knowledge.
- Ability to interpret drawings, schematics and machine specifications.
- Ability to acquire and maintain certifications for operation of service equipment.
- Ability to train
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
- We are an inclusive company that celebrates differences and keeps equity and respect at the forefront.
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, & 401k
- 401 (k) retirement savings plans with company match
- Medical support programs: Maternity, Diabetes, Treatment Decision Support and more
- Work-life benefits: PTO and Holidays
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."