Cognex isthe largest, most successful and recognized global player in industrial machine vision! We are a financially strong, international company with no debt and have been in business for over 40 years. Using advanced optics, image sensors and artificial intelligence software Cognex vision and ID systems capture an image then analyze it to make sense of what's being seen. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes our employees for their innovation, perseverance, and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
The Production Supervisor reports directly to the Sr. Operations Manager and is responsible for ensuring that all production is completed in time to meet customer requested shipping dates (OTR). The Production Supervisor oversees order processing on a day-to-day basis, as well as assigning work priorities within their respective areas. They work with various other departments to ensure inventory transactions are completed correctly and help investigate high risk inventory discrepancies and liaise with the financial groups for audits and accuracy reporting.
* Daily organization of resources and task prioritization to ensure On Time to Customer Request (OTR) goals are met and all production procedures are followed.
* Monitor future sales orders to identify all high-volume builds and calculate the required process time in order to ensure materials and orders are released with sufficient time to assemble, test and ship.
* Develop and analyze data such as production volume, process yields, material usage, and cost per system shipped, etc. to maximize efficiency. Use that data to implement, direct and sustain Continuous Improvement projects to improve area efficiencies and reduce costs.
* Serve as primary contact for Logistics Life Cycle Managers and Order Administration and review daily priority list changes and adjust production in the area to meet those changes.
* Work with Manufacturing Engineering and the finance department to set correct product routings and overhead rates.
* Ensure inbound material is accurate to production orders and received within the appropriate lead times.
* Resolve Past due production orders in coordination with Purchasing, Order Administration, and Shipping.
* Provide cycle count support to the Inventory Supervisor, assist with inventory discrepancy reconciliations, and serve as the contact point for Internal and External audits (cycle counts, ISO, and compliance agencies).
* Ensure all end of month inventory reporting is completed accurately and on time.
* Assist with budgeting of department expenses and monthly/quarterly reconciliation.
* Conduct root-cause analysis of production issues and use data to drive resolution to metric disruptions.
* Assist with on-boarding of new hires, goal setting, and performance management for area of responsibility.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
* BS/BA in Business Administration, Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management or Logistics preferred
* 1-3 years' leadership experience in Manufacturing, Distribution, or other Supply Chain function(s)
* Proficient or advanced knowledge of analytical tools, specifically Microsoft Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint
* Strong interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
* Exceptional planning and organizational abilities
* Lean Manufacturing and problem solving and investigative skills
* Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds.
* Experience with inventory management software (e.g. ERP) and forecasting strategies preferred
* Prior experience with SAP preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cognex is an equal opportunity employer. Cognex evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.