Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service, and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002...
...What are you waiting for?
- Develop relationships with suppliers: solicit bids, analyze quotations, and select suppliers
- Purchase items and services at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements, and other factors
- Create and maintain catalogs for each operating group or project that is supported
- Propose purchase transactions that higher authority approve prior to final action
- Arrange returns for unacceptable products to suppliers
- Track order status from the time of placing the order until delivery and communicate status to project teams
- Enter purchase orders and retain contact with suppliers to ensure delivery of material on a timely basis
- Visit job sites or offices quarterly at a minimum to develop more effective working relationships
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of construction processes, equipment, and materials, purchasing processes, and procedures
- Negotiating, organizing, planning, verbal, and communication skills
- Strong customer service and analytical skills
- Active listening skills and effective communication including openness to diverse input and feedback
Education And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, construction management, or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
- Software experience
- Current driver's license
**Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer**
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.