Company Generac Power Systems
Name Machine Operator - Fabrication II 1st Shift
Req # 62529
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry. Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
Job Summary: The Machine Operator - Fabrication II is expected to perform under the direction of the area supervisor, manufacture parts per plant specification in an accurate and timely manner utilizing a CNC Machining Center/Fabrication equipment while recognizing safety and efficiencies.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- An understanding of machining/fabricating fundamentals
- Ability to perform reading, writing, and math functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Contributes to identifying problems and implementing appropriate countermeasures.
- Intermediate PC knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills
- Ability to interpret drawings, schematics and machine specifications.
- Preferred experience on equipment and automation consistent with a metal fabrication, paint, and assembly operation.
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
- We are an inclusive company that celebrates differences and keeps equity and respect at the forefront.
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, & 401k
- 401 (k) retirement savings plans with company match
- Medical support programs: Maternity, Diabetes, Treatment Decision Support and more
- Work-life benefits: PTO and Holidays
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."