Company Generac Power Systems
Name Full Stack Developer - .net
Req # 62383
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry. Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
Job Summary: The Full Stack Application Developer is responsible for driving application design and development decisions around Generac's complex web based and mobile-friendly applications. Working closely with the business teams to understand needs, this person will collect and write specifications, outline roadmaps to deliver functionality, manage the backlog, direct and/or perform the development, drive continuous code integration, and deliver the solutions within scope, budget and timeline. The full stack application developer should have recent and relevant experience in front and back-end development as the position will require significant hands-on attention. This position is considered a technical expert for the group and assists in work assignments for lower level application developers and offer shore contractors. Success in this position requires an assertive attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, design, and development of responsive web and backend applications using best practice design patterns. Fluent in both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Is a SME of several system(s) supporting the business.
- Manage the complete software development process from conception to deployment. Manage the end-to-end life cycle for the production of software and applications. Maintain and upgrade the software following deployment.
- Test and document software modifications and enhancements. Work with QA to ensure high quality results.
- Ensure cross-platform interoperability by designing custom APIs to our internal ERP and other business systems.
- Knowledgeable of Generac systems end-to-end across multiple platforms.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and estimates and resolve business systems issues. Assist in business groups strategic planning.
- Review and approve project ideas and provide technology input, prescribing appropriate application solutions which balance business requirements with Generac's technology standards.
- Create and manage project and resource plans for multiple projects of all sizes. Direct and manage the development of projects including requirements and design specifications, timelines, task assignment, code reviews, documentation reviews, test reviews, production readiness reviews.
- Evaluate and approve changes to teams app dev strategies and development toolset.
- Participate in planning and estimates of strategic efforts.
- Assist in work assignments for lower level application developers and off shore contractors.
- Conduct code reviews of lower level developers and offshore contractors
- Maintain an expertise level in the changing technologies as well as socialize ideas to keep up with the latest technology trends.
- Responsible for gap assessment, vendor reviews, estimates and product recommendations in software selection projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or related field OR equivalent experience
- 8 years' experience in the following:
- software development in one or more of the following roles: Designer, Senior Developer, Software Engineer, Systems Analyst, Development Project Lead or equivalent
- .NET Framework 4, Web Forms, C# and VB.Net
- RESTful Services/WEB API
- MS SQL Server development including database design, development of complex queries and stored procedures
- Development in cloud environments
- Experience in architecting and designing highly integrated applications.
- Experience in gathering requirements, defining scope and creating functional specifications that can be estimated across multiple options or approaches;
- Experience in MS Azure architecture and design utilizing IaaS, PaaS and SaaS models and in developing Azure cloud-hosted web apps using containers (Docker with Kubernetes)
- Basic front-end design ability: Including knowledge of UI/UX and basic prototype design.
- Experience using Mobile and web security frameworks including Asp.Net Membership Authentication or Identity Server framework using OpenID/OAuth2 protocols;
- Experience in configuring and optimizing web servers (IIS or Apache) and performance tuning and optimizations in SQL Server;
- Experience in APM apps such as New Relic, Dynatrace, etc.
- Experience with mobile development using cross-platform tools such as Xamarin;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of DNS, networking, and developing load balanced applications;
- Knowledge of Web development using ASP.Net (3.5, 4.0, 4.5), .Net Core, Web API and Web Forms, C# and VB.Net, SOA, MVC, JQuery and Angular frameworks;
- Ability to develop custom applications in MS Visual Studio (2012 through 2017) and 3rd party components such as DevExpress UI controls and Aspose.Total for .Net;
- Ability to complete Web API development using standard protocols including REST and SOAP;
- Ability to Mobile development using Objective C, Java, or Xamarin;
- Ability to complete MS SQL Server report development (2012 through 2016) using SSRS;
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
- We are an inclusive company that celebrates differences and keeps equity and respect at the forefront.
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, & 401k
- 401 (k) retirement savings plans with company match
- Medical support programs: Maternity, Diabetes, Treatment Decision Support and more
- Work-life benefits: PTO and Holidays
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."