At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
For a leading and rapidly growing Asset Management firm, the Investment Data Management Office champions a long-term, strategic initiative to unify and harmonize our investment data. This initiative enables enhanced investment decision making, risk management and client reporting for our multi-asset platform by delivering consistent, timely, accurate and user-friendly data to investors, risk teams and clients. Leveraging their agile expertise, the Investment Data Product Owner plays a key role in bridging investment data business user needs with technology enablement. The Investment Data Product Owner works with the Head of Investment Data Management and Director of Product to translate investment data strategy and roadmap initiatives within their domain into actionable epics and stories. They also work closely with their peer product owners and in consultation with the Investment Data Management Office Team, to prioritize and manage cross domain dependencies in alignment with the Director of Product's strategic road map. This individual is a key leader of an Agile delivery team tasked with building out our information delivery and data quality product and processes that sit on top of the firm's core investment data platform. The position is part of the Investment Data Management Office and will be based in Boston.
- Primarily responsible for the execution of Investment Data Management Program data information delivery product.
- Accountable for achieving business outcomes through agile delivery. Serves as primary communicator between stakeholders and the team, utilizing feedback loops to ensure continuous sharing of information.
- Responsible for oversight, orchestration and prioritization of "stories" related to the data quality and validation of the of the core data platforms key investment data pillars.
- Collaborates across all Investment Data Management and other cross functional teams within the Investment domain to ensure stories are well articulated, appropriately prioritized, and that key enabling bodies of work are understood across the agile delivery team.
- Develops clear acceptance criteria that guides the team to produce incremental quality improvements. In collaboration with the agile team, creates a uniform definition of the delivery of business value.
- Actively manages internal and external dependencies and impediments that could impact the team's completion of Program Increment/Sprint goals. Actively collaborates with other Product Owners on work that has interdependencies or contingencies between agile teams.
- Collaborates and coordinates implementation efforts of IDMO strategic initiatives in partnership with Investment Data Tech Leaders and associated delivery team(s).
- Participates in agile ceremonies (Program Increment (PI) Planning, Stand-Ups, Sprint Reviews, Backlog Refinement and Retrospectives) and long-term planning exercises (program vision and roadmap) for their domain.
- Continually enhances knowledge of systems, products, and the industry.
- Participates in the internal Product Owner Community of Practice to exchange knowledge, skills and ideas with people across the organization.
- Assumes additional responsibilities in consultation with the Head of Investment Data and Director of Product.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required. Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- 8-10 years of industry experience, with experience as a Product Owner on an Agile team. Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) preferred.
- Strong understanding of investment data and technology.
- Experience using and implementing data quality, observability and validation tools and processes.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, and experience with the ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with writing effective user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.