Are you inspired by "what's next"? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world's largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people's lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The candidate will provide leadership for sustaining capital projects with focus on engineering discipline coordination and construction execution for projects at Albemarle's Process Development Center in Baton Rouge, LA. Ensure that all Albemarle Corporation plant designs are safe, operable, economical, and environmentally sound. The candidate will be expected to execute projects using a stage gated approach in accordance with the Albemarle Project Process (APP) as it applies to front end development, detailed design, procurement, construction and commissioning & startup. The candidate will also provide leadership and technical support for troubleshooting, problem solving, and failure analysis. Role includes participation in strategic development related to long term improvement of facilities and infrastructure.
Candidate must be highly motivated to ensure designs of Albemarle projects are accomplished within budget & schedule. Responsibilities will include site oversight and functional leadership over engineering disciplines including civil, mechanical, electrical instrumentation & controls, and utilization of corporate standards and specifications. Experience coordinating project execution using external engineering and construction contractors is required.
- Develop project execution plans, manage issues and risks, drive issue resolution, direct resources to accomplish project tasks, and maintain control over projects
- Create scope documents based on approved charters and project plans across departments
- Create detailed work breakdown structures for successful implementation strategies
- Track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Manage both internal and external resources to ensure project success
- Communicate status of projects, including project risks, to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendor resources and vendor management
- Create project status update documentation on a weekly basis
- Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks
- Execution of projects will comply with stage gated work process
- Candidate will possess at a minimum a bachelor's degree in engineering, preferable Chemical, Mechanical or Civil
- Minimum of 8 -10 years of engineering experience in the chemical/petrochemical industry with at least 5 years of project management experience is preferred.
- Project management experience in commercial building project execution in addition to chemical plant experience is a plus.
Key skills and success factors
- A leader in safety including setting expectations and being visible in the field.
- Prior experience with stage gated project execution practices.
- Able to manage a portfolio of multiple projects concurrently.
- Able to align project objectives and justifications with various stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of contracting and contracting strategies.
- Experience leveraging outside services in completion of engineering, procurement, and construction services to complete projects either as a whole or in part.
- Able to judge the quality of engineering and construction documents.
- Able to supervise multi-disciplined teams.
- Thorough knowledge of project controls and cost forecasting.
- Able to prepare and analyze critical path schedules.
- Thorough understanding of engineering and construction productivity measurement.
- Basic estimating skills and knowledge of engineering and construction cost structure.
- Preparing or coordinating the preparation of construction bid packages, evaluating bid proposals and selection of contractors.
- Able to direct construction package design, including equipment location plans, plot plans, piping design and equipment design.
- Ensure engineering designs comply with best practice standards and codes.
- Awareness and knowledge of ASME and other applicable codes, piping stress design, equipment layout, structural and machine design improvements.
- Ability to judge the quality of engineering and construction documents.
- Exhibit drive to execute engineering designs for absolute lowest cost.
- Thorough understanding of engineering productivity measurement.
- Independent self-starter with results-oriented focus.
- Proven ability in problem solving and multi-tasking.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled