Part Time Call Center Representative
Remote Capable - ability to be remote will be based on training completion and performance. Will need to travel to Rome,NY for initial training (2-3 weeks) schedule 9am-4pm during this period
Starting salary - $17.77 to $22/hour, actual rate will depend on experience.
Hours - 2pm to 7pm
Who Are We?
AmeriCU is a not-for-profit credit union based in Rome, NY with assets in excess of $2.6 Billion and serving a membership base of over 160,000 members across Central New York, the United States, and beyond. For 70+ years we have been committed to our members, our employees, and our communities. In 2023 we were once again recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York State, and most recently AmeriCU has once again been recognized as one of the Best Credit Union's in America by Forbes. This year, only 3.4% of all credit unions earned the recognition of being a best-in-state credit union. In New York, 4 credit unions qualified for the honor - AmeriCU is #2 in NYS.
AmeriCU Credit Union is in search of a Call Center Representative who aligns directly with our mission to provide our members with the right financial services to live life, dream big, and achieve financial success, and our vision to be the most admired organization in every community we serve. You will serve members by determining requirements; answering inquires; resolve problems; fulfilling requests; maintaining member account data. Manage and expand relationships with members and potential members by providing professional and quality member service and sales that meets or exceeds member expectations. Demonstrate clear verbal and written communication via; telephone, email, chat, and/or video chat.
What You'll Do:
As a Call Center Representative
your primary responsibilities will include:
- Manage a high volume of inbound/outbound calls in a timely manner.
- Determine requirements by working with member or businesses.
- Answer inquiries by listening and clarifying desired information; research, locate and provide information.
- Resolve problems by clarifying issues and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implement solution. Seek assistance from supervisor and/or other division specialists as needed and maintain contact then reply to the members in a timely manner. "Own it and see it through."
- Fulfill requests by clarifying desired information; complete transactions; forward requests.
- Process loan applications and open accounts over the phone; provide loan decisions to member. Maintain thorough knowledge of the underwriting guidelines and procedures.
- Build sustainable relationships and engage members by providing a superior level of service and support.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to all applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with credit union or regulatory standards and policies, with particular attention to the Bank Secrecy Act, (BSC) and the SAFE Act.
Come grow with us!
Whether you are just starting out or have been working in your field already, we offer opportunities for growth and advancement. It is our goal to hire employees who will provide exceptional service to our members and who value giving back and supporting the communities we serve. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
Competitive rates on our Medical, Dental and Vision plans
Generous contribution to your Health Savings Account, if you choose to enroll in one of AmeriCU's High Deductible Health plans
Paid Time off - Vacation, Personal or Sick and Birthday
Employee Appreciation Events
401(k) Matching after 1 year of employment
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement for Full-time employees after 1 year of employment
Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, free to all Full-time employees
Enhanced Short Term Disability - at no cost to you!
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VISA sponsorship not available for our positions.