At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Construction Manager, we'll count on you to:
* Oversee, manage, and coordinate the construction activities of general contractors and/or subcontractors
* Communicate and document all changes in scope to the Project Manager, especially any that impact cost, quality, schedule, and safety
* Perform complex construction assignments exercising judgment in evaluation, selection, and modification of standard construction engineering techniques and procedures
* Provide input for updating project schedules, pay requests, progress reports, and cost/budget reports
* Conduct project field coordination, documentation, cost monitoring, bidding, and scheduling
* Receive, issue, and track RFIs, submittals and other documentation
* Perform other duties including on-site safety inspections, document control, verifying project schedules and monitoring daily logs and status reports as needed
* Mentor field staff and young engineers engaged on construction
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or closely related field
* 10+ years of related experience
* Proficient with MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook)
* Stong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
* A collaborative team attitude driven to remove obstacles from team progress
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Proficient with Prolog (basic), Timberline and Primavera
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.