DaVita is seeking a Patient Care Technician who is looking to give life in an outpatient dialysis center. You can make an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families dealing with end-stage renal failure or chronic kidney disease. Do you desireto deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way - the way you'd want your own care to be?
Joining DaVita as Patient Care Technician (PCT) is an exciting opportunity to jump start your career in the health care industry! With paid, extensive training, you will gain the skills needed to care for our patients and build a network of other health care professionals across the geography where you live. Once you have successfully completed training, you will join a holistic team of care professionals - including nurses, dietitian, social workers, and other experienced PCTs - to care for our patients. It's not a job, it's giving life and a career based on passion and purpose.
DaVita is on a quest to Build the Greatest Health Care Community the World Has Ever Seen. DaVita - which is Italian for "giving life" - is working to provide quality service to patients, partners, and teammates. Our mission is to be the Provider, Partner, and Employer of Choice.
Our PCTs also find DaVita professionally fulfilling. To help advance your career, we offer clear paths to higher levels of responsibility and compensation through our Clinical Ladders program. Through DaVita's Bridge to your Dreams program, teammates who have been in their role for six consecutive months and in good standing, are eligible to receive tuition assistance up front to pursue their dream of becoming a DaVita RN and getting their Associates Degree in Nursing. We also have dedicated training to become a Facility Administrator, and training to become a Regional Operations Director. Your success is driven by your performance and desire.
Some details about this position:
* Dialysis experience is NOT required- We have Paid Training!
* If you do not have your Hemodialysis Technician Certificate or any previous dialysis experience this position starts at $15-16/hr
* Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic other than your assigned home clinic
* Potential to float to various clinics during and after your training
* You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
What you can expect:
* Direct Patient Care. Spend the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment.
* Our PCTs care for multiple patients.
* Technician Duties. To monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup. Please note you will have exposure to blood and needles.
* Building long-term relationships with your patients who are suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment on average 3 times/week. You will also be responsible for educating patients on Kidney Dialysis related topics. Team. Cross functional team of clinicians including technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers and leadership. PCTs work under the supervision of a RN.
What We'll Provide:
DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most including:
* Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
* Support for you and your family: family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave, pet insurance, and more
* Paid training
* Desire to enter the health care field to care for other people in need
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
* Must be comfortable mixing acid or bicarb
* Physical and mental ability to work long hours (some shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet so wear comfortable shoes! Our work ends when it's safe for our patients.
* Willingness to train and work across multiple clinics within the territory as needed.
* Health care experience is NOT required but a plus including: BONENT Certified, Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy certification.
DaVita is a clinical leader! We have the highest percentage of facilities meeting or exceeding CMS's standards in the government's two key performance programs. We expect our teammates to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.
Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step and apply now.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at