About us:Alamo NEX Construction, LLC is a part of the Ferrovial Group in Texas. In 2021, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) selected Alamo NEX Construction, LLC, a joint venture between Ferrovial Construction Texas, LLC and DBW, LLC (both Ferrovial Group subsidiaries), to complete the Interstate 35 (I-35) NEX Central Project. This project is a $1.5 billion Texas Design-Build (DB) project through the cities of San Antonio, Live Oak, Selma, and Schertz that will consist of non-tolled improvements along I-35, I-140, and Loop 1604. The proposed improvements will include the addition of elevated managed lanes to I-35, addition of 4 connector bridges at the I-35/I-410 North interchange, addition of 4 connector bridges at the I-35/Loop 1604 interchange, and widening of Loop 1604 in Bexar and Guadalupe Counties.Job Description:
Qualified CADD Technician for performing drafting work.
- Prepares layouts, drawings, and designs from detailed sketches and/or drawings made by technicians, designers or technical professional, converting paper documents into digital files.
- Performs advanced design visualization exhibits from multiple 3d design models.
- Develops graphic exhibits as needed for meetings with TxDOT and other stakeholders.
- Calculates quantities if needed.
- Reviews work provided by others for drafting errors
- Manage consultants and ensuring work is completed on time and up to standard of quality
- Training personnel in Bentley products as needed.
- Close coordination with project's CAD and ProjectWise System Administrator, and Construction Technical Office Manager.
- Associated Degree in engineering technology or similar
- At least 2 years' experience with Bentley Microstation and Power Geopak, software for plan productions.
- Individual shall be proficient in manipulating drawings, plotting, using reference files and utilizing surveying files (ortho photos, DTM, etc.)
- Advanced and specialized drafting
- Reviewing and revising documents to include engineering notes, specifications, standards and procedures in drafting plans and in preparation of plans, specifications and estimates
- Technical training in drafting may be substituted for experience on a year per year basis
- OpenRoads Designer experience a plus.
As an industry leader, we strive to offer employees a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit package which includes.
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical which is effective 1st of the month following hire date.
- Industry leading 401(k) +6% company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Annual Bonus based off performance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Note: The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.