At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.THE ROLEUsing discretion and judgment, participate in the analyzing requirements and in development of software solutions supporting the Global Investment Support organization. Significant areas of focus may include our Portfolio Master, Data Integrity, Performance/Risk/Attribution and Post Trade Processing platforms. Contribute to a variety of phases during the software development lifecycle with a focus on creating software at an advanced level with an adherence to standards and internal best practices. May serve as a team lead for small to midsized projects working with project management, business systems analysts and quality assurance to collaboratively meet tight deadlines. Individual has advanced knowledge of Information Technology at large, with a great understanding of related disciplines and how the interoperate.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Play a key role in the design, development and integration of various technology solutions within the Investment Operations portfolio
* Receives broad goals and overall objectives from Product Owners and collaborates with technology teams under MFS's agile framework in achieving those goals.
* Performs complex technical and functional analysis; and development activities for multiple projects supporting several initiatives
* Design and integrate shareable solutions within the development organization, such as code libraries, build automation, test automation, API conventions and cloud architecture patterns
* Keeps technical skills up to date with a strong desire to evaluate new products and technologies. Makes recommendations and pursues the adoption of such products and technologies
* Work in partnership with infrastructure engineers and architects to understand and identify operational improvements
* Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by other members
* Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
* Serve as a technology subject matter expert for internal and external stakeholders and provide direction for all firm mandated controls and compliance initiatives
* Experience working within a mature Agile SDLC model; working closely with BA and QA teams as well as end users to drive solutions through completion.
* Provide technical leadership and mentor/coach other engineers within a scrum team
* Develops, enforces, and maintains MFS Information Security controls, procedures, and standards.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR -
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.What we offer:
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.