This position is responsible for compiling and maintaining accounts payable records by performing a variety of responsibilities as listed below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Batch and prepare electronic/hard-copy vendor invoices for import or scan into Accounts Payable workflow process.
- Utilize Kofax Capture optical character recognition software platform to validate and input pertinent invoice data.
- Execute basic research functions within SAP software.
- Execute intermediate functions within electronic Accounts Payable workflow software (VIM).
- Create/update Microsoft Excel files.
- Facilitate and research AP inquiries from plant locations and outside vendors.
- Responsible for various AP related functions including supporting the 1099 function, vendor maintenance requirements, processing invoices outside of VIM and all payment related functions (Check, ACH, Wire) including the voiding of checks in SAP.
- Print, file and maintain all relevant accounts payable documents and reports.
- Assist in monthly closings as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with AP policies and procedures and adhering to company DOA (delegation of authority).
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description, and any other job responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Westlake Company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent. One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in high-volume, fast-paced Accounts Payable environments in which daily performance expectations are assigned and measured.
- A strong concentration on accuracy, efficiency, and continuous improvement.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with teammates, vendors, and internal customers.
- The ability to effectively prioritize workloads and maintain an organized workspace.
- The ability to reliably commit to consistent attendance during specified work hours.
- Overtime may be required in accordance with standard accounting cycle deadlines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.
Westlake Management Services, Inc. is proud to offer equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants to join our company and to succeed as members of our team regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.