Responsible for promoting, facilitating, and maintaining health, well-being, and participation in life through engagement in occupation. Essentially responsible for all aspects of occupational therapy service delivery provided under a physician approved plan of care and accountable for the safety and effectiveness of the occupational therapy service delivery process.
- Performs comprehensive patient examination and evaluation to establish a plan of care based on the assessment findings and in accordance with the physician's approval.
- Ensures the plan of care addresses all problems identified in the assessment or documents rationale if identified problems are not addressed in the plan of care.
- Provides occupational therapy services that require the skills of an occupational therapist and are consistent with the established plan of care.
- Provides documentation of each visit according to AOTA Documentation Guidelines and accepted regulatory standards for inclusion in the patient's clinical record.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team coordination of care.
- Provide resources for future ADL and IADL needs.
- Promotes wellness and prevention by promotion of occupational engagement.
- Identifies the patient's need for other disciplines and services and initiates the appropriate referral.
- Acts as a consultant to other care providers as appropriate.
- Completes OASIS assessments timely, accurately, and according to OASIS user's manual definitions.
- Supervises the Occupational Therapy Assistant as follows:
- In accordance with applicable municipal, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Provides consistent patient care oversight.
- Serves as OT of record and responsible for the care of the patient
- Remains accessible by telecommunication, has regularly scheduled and documented conferences
- between the OTA and OT, and makes supervisory visits with the patient.
- Assesses competence of OTA to perform assigned activities.
- Remains available, upon the request of the OTA, for reexamination of the patient in instances
- of a noted change in the patient's response to interventions, a noted change in the patient's medical status, or a discharge or discontinuation of the patient from occupational therapy services.
- Includes documentation of supervisory activities in the patient's medical record; or maintains state required log of all supervisory activities which is available upon request.
- Participates in patient care conferences, in-services, chart audit activities, quality improvement activities, including OBQI and OBQM, and peer-review activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the occupational therapist-client relationship.
- Demonstrates knowledge of available community resources/services.
- Supervises the Home Health Aide when Registered Nurse is not active in the case. Communicates plan of care changes to the Aide and other appropriate staff as necessary.
- Keeps abreast of occupational therapy trends and knowledge for the service provision, documentation, and care coordination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice occupational therapy specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Graduate of an occupational therapy program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. (AOTA), or successor organizations of ACOTE; And, is eligible to take, or has successfully completed, the entry-level certification examination for occupational therapists developed and administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. (NBCOT).
- One (1+) year related occupational therapy experience to ensure knowledge and skills are sufficient to safely provide occupational therapy services to patients.
- If less than one (1) year experience, then approval from regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or residency program established.
- Current CPR certification.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.