Company Generac Power Systems
Name Senior Inside Sales Representative
Req # 62092
Employment Type Full Time
It's a challenge, and an invitation. There's never been a better time to work at DR Power Equipment, a Generac company. Our rapid growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
The Senior Inside Sales Representative is responsible for taking a consultative approach to sales to develop accounts and manage a sales territory through cold calling and relationship building. The focus is to grow a portfolio of repeat customers across the United States and providing exceptional customer service. The Senior Inside Sales Representative also contributes to the effectiveness of the overall team by seeking efficiencies, creating new reports or standardized outputs to improve business processes, providing mentoring to newer team members, and serving on rotational assignments to assist other aspects of the business.
This hybrid position can be based out of Waukesha, WI, Ross, OH, or South Burlington, VT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and retain relationships with distributor network and customers by offering various levels of support throughout the sales process;
- Lead and drive administrative and operational sales functions including developing quotes and proposals if appropriate
- Provide customers with product details - features, benefits, competitive comparison
- Assist distributors with various product related inquiries using in-depth product knowledge
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Utilize consultative sales skills to cross-sell complex products to exceed distributors' needs
- Process customer orders as assigned with a focus on accuracy of information and providing order updates through delivery
- Resolve issues and technical questions from customers and distributors
- Monitor business activity and pipeline information within a CRM or other system, including running reports and monitoring project status
- Create new reports or standardized outputs to improve business processes
- Review and facilitate discount requests (e.g., smart pricing discounts and quarterly promotions)
- Onboarding of new partners and participation in channel programs including introducing customers to the Generac program and training them to use Generac web portals, review resources and tools available for partners to assist in their success, and promoting channel programs and benefits of participating in these programs
- Deliver sales presentations, product updates, marketing information, training sessions, and various notifications to customers within the distribution network
- Provide mentoring to newer team members
- Associate's degree in business or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of relevant sales experience
- Valid Driver License and ability to travel occasionally
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP
- Experience with streamlining work processes
- Experience with reporting software/tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to make decisions in the best interest of the customer and the company;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities according to importance and urgency;
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively;
- Ability to react well under pressure;
- Ability to perform and comprehend basic business and financial calculations;
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Level of Independence: This position acts under the direction of the Inside Sales Manager or Inside Sales Supervisor
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."