At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Field of Concentration - Civil and Transportation Engineering, Transportation Operational Analysis, Traffic Engineering Design. Our traffic engineering/ITS department is currently looking for an entry level civil/traffic engineer. This person performs assignments under the direct supervision of a Professional Engineer or Project Manager.
In the role of Traffic EIT, we'll count on you to:
* Completing LOS analysis for selected intersections (Synchro).
* Assist with traffic forecast modeling.
* Complete projected figures using Geographic Information Systems and AutoCad
* Conduct parking studies to analyze potential parking impacts to neighborhoods near the Project Areas
* Conduct intersection and segment LOS analysis and project trip generation estimates
* Perform traffic impact analysis as part of a CEQA/NEPA level EIR or preliminary engineering study
* Conduct intersection LOS analysis, project trip generation estimates, and the determination of cumulative impacts. Also conduct field work to record intersection and traffic signal design.
* Work as part of a traffic team under the direction of the Project Engineer/Manager on a variety of traffic forecasting, analysis and design needs for a variety of transportation projects
* Conduct operational traffic analysis using a variety of modeling tools, ranging from highway capacity software to complex micro simulation models analyze everything from isolated intersections and roundabouts to urban arterials and freeway segments
* Focus on traffic design, including accident analysis and mitigation strategies, signing, striping, traffic signals, lighting, and Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS), including real-time traffic information, adaptive signal control, closed circuit television (CCTV), and variable message signs (VMS)
* Perform other duties as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
* Must have graduated from an accredited Civil/Transportation Engineering program.
* Prefer a minimum of traffic experience as an intern to qualify. Attention to detail a must.
* Must possess strong problem solving and communication skills.
* Strong verbal and written skills
* Ability to multitask while working on many projects at once
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Strong preference will be given to local candidates who have interned at HDR in California before or after graduation.
* Computer skills using Microsoft Office, Synchro/Sim Traffic, HCS, AutoCAD and MicroStation
* Internships and previous related experience is preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. The expected compensation range for this position is $66,000 - $82,000 annually depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location. Stated benefits are for full-time regular positions. Temporary and part-time roles eligible for limited benefits.