At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Sr Staff Data Engineer-Software Engineering
The primary responsibilities of this role, Staff Data Engineer, are to:
- Lead and participate in design sessions with Data Stewards, Engineering teams, Data Scientists, Product Managers, business and IT stakeholders, that result in documentation and requirements for data analytics platform solutions;
- Understand business capability needs and processes as they relate to IT solutions through partnering with Product Managers and business and functional IT stakeholders, and apply this knowledge to defining business problems that need to be solved;
- Initiate and lead evaluation of new technologies, new languages, like Go or React, including performing POCs and presenting results to others, with a goal of providing technical recommendations that fits the strategy;
- Support the team establish and improve processes and methodologies, like Agile, and/or lead piloting new ones;
- Implement data solutions according to design documentation using a variety of tools and programming languages, like Kafka, SQL and non-SQL databases, Go etc., and following team's established processes and methodologies;
- Drive efforts to standardize Data Science practices across Bayer Crop Science, developing SDKs in Python and R to provide efficiency into Data Science processes and delivery teams;
- Facilitate and participate in code reviews, retrospectives, functional and integration testing and other team activities focused on improving quality of delivery;
- Provide reliable estimates for large scale projects;
- Initiate collaboration with Product Owners, other engineers and data stewards within the team and across data, technical platforms and product teams on planning and aligning roadmaps, delivery dates and integration efforts;
- Coach and mentor junior and aspiring Data Engineers on the team and across the data and engineering communities;
- Facilitate various cross team efforts, like Scrum of Scrums and Release Planning, focused on large scale roadmap alignments, sharing information, solving broad variety of problems, or improving processes;
- Effectively discuss work or provide detail to the right level of audience: business partners, data scientists, engineering teams etc.;
- Create and maintain design and code documentation in GitHub, Haystack, SharePoint and/or another repositories used by the team;
- Drives long-term technical strategy across organization and business. Delivers guidance that leads to industry leading solutions to domain problems.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- 15+ years of relevant experience is an acceptable substitute for degree requirement;
- Demonstrated experience with data architecture and modeling, including designing both logical and physical models for datasets;
- Proven experience modeling large datasets in distributed systems;
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment;
- Familiarity with the relevant industry trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field, with 10+ years professional software engineering experience or Master's with 8 years of relevant experience or PhD with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Professional software engineering experience to include:
- 8+ years experience engineering data intensive software using streaming and resource based design principles;
- 8+ years experience in developing sdk and development tooling that are used by other delivery teams;
- 8+ years experience with AWS ecosystem, including Data Science tools such as SageMaker, Feature Store, etc;
- 5+ years experience in least one NoSQL database, such as (but not limited to) Neo4j, Cassandra, etc.;
- 5+ years fluency in an object oriented or functional language such as Go, etc;
- Agriculture, life sciences, bioinformatics, biochemistry, genetics, biology, or a related disciplines
- Knowledge of machine learning or other data science practices;
- Experience in developing platform and tooling for delivery teams with Operational Excellence as guiding principle.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer colleagues are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
| || |
| || |
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Creve Coeur || |
|Division:||Enabling Functions || |
|Reference Code:||788159 || || |
| || |