At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Scientist I, are to:
- Develop, deploy, and optimize DNA sequencing-based assays for genome modification detection and mapping;
- Design and analyze the results of experiments with minimal input from senior scientists. Perform a variety of molecular biology and biochemistry experiments;
- Solve complex problems requiring original thinking and deductive reasoning and the application of scientific principles to the design and interpretation of scientific experiments. Lead workflow optimization and method validation projects using multiple data sources. Use specialized knowledge, the broad application of scientific principles, and current literature when identifying and implementing process improvements;
- Communicate and interpret the results of experiments, production KPIs, cost/benefit analysis, and lab-related issues to partners and key stakeholders;
- Thrive on meeting challenges, insist on high-quality deliverables, demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, and possess the ability to build productive external and internal relationships;
- Take initiative in keeping up with current literature in areas of assignment and in areas of professional interest;
- Adhere to established protocols and techniques. May operate and troubleshoot instrumentation. Solve problems autonomously using multiple data sources. Contribute to the development, scaling, and/or automation of sequencing assays;
- Prepare and make technical presentations at internal meetings and scientific conferences.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD with minimum years of relevant experience, or Master of Science with at least two years of relevant experience, or Bachelor of Science with at least five years of relevant experience;
- Strong molecular biology acumen with the ability to independently design experiments and analyze data;
- Next-generation-sequencing laboratory experience and experimentation familiarity;
- Proficiency with data analysis and visualization software.
- High throughput laboratory automation experience with mechanical aptitude for operating and troubleshooting automation;
- Experience using automated systems and LIMS systems;
- Experience with International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and Quality Management Systems and defining and using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure lab and workflow health.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield|