At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Technician, are to:
- Demonstrate the ability and working knowledge to conduct and complete maintenance on company facilities and equipment across the warehouse, plant, and field;
- Maintain an active inventory of parts, supplies, and tools to complete needed repairs and meet availability expectations;
- Coordinate and schedule service and maintenance work;
- Conduct and complete maintenance on company facilities and equipment;
- Maintain company facilities and equipment to enhance value and usefulness and provide a safe working environment;
- Responsible for needs assessment and compliance with all applicable hazardous work permits, including but not limited to Lockout Tag Out (LOTO), line breaking, fall protection, confined space, and atmospheric monitoring;
- Maintain accurate records for all equipment and facility maintenance activities performed, leveraging internal Information Technology (IT) systems (Maintenance Connection);
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the company's Health, Safety, Environment (HSE), Quality Assurance (QA), and Quality Control (QC) standards (e.g., general shop floor, machine safety, operating procedures, etc.);
- Report any issues to areas, safety technicians, and management as appropriate and in a timely manner;
- Perform any other tasks across functional areas depending on site and seasonal needs;
- Help drive waste elimination and value creation by reducing variation in the production process and equipment settings;
- Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of 5S practices to maintain an environment conducive to work, aligning with the labeling and ordering of tools;
- Help keep metrics and other relevant information current on visual boards to drive teamwork and facilitate shift changeover;
- Become familiar with and troubleshoot seed production equipment operations when applicable;
- Operate seed production process from time to time.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by demonstrating our valuesMore specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Support basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Excel, PPT, Word, facilities with systems);
- Uphold a valid Driver's License (To be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the company's Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers - Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening;
- Able to lift a minimum of 60 pounds (a bag of seed);
- Able to workdays nights, rotating shifts, weekends, and overtime as business needs require.
- Demonstrate intermediate computer skills with experience using Statistic Analysis Plan (SAP) and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC);
- Maintain three to five years of manufacturing experience, with experience in chemical or row crop manufacturing favored.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Arizona : Eloy|