At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Design Coordinator 1, you will have the opportunity to:
* Work on a project team with a Project Manager, Project Architect, and other Design Coordinators to apply your architectural skills and techniques to all phases of the project from design through construction documents and construction administration.
* Work with other teams as needed, expanding your knowledge base on multiple project types and conditions in and outside Hawaii and the U.S.
* Perform a wide variety of duties related to architectural design and production as needs arise.
Your team will count on you to:
* Perform architectural assignments with only general instruction from the Project Architect or Project Manager.
* Assist in developing architecural specifications and perform code reviews.
* Utilize your skillset and knowledge base to efficiently develop and detail construction documents.
* Bachelor's degree in Architecture or closely related field
* Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project)
* Desire to pursue growth opportunities and eventually obtain registration
* Strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Proficient in use of Autodesk Revit and familiarity with related tools and process
* Demonstrated graphic presentation skills
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Experience in the areas of healthcare, educational, civic, science and research facilities
* Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired but not required
* Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and 3-D Studio Max but not required.
* Rhino and Grasshopper experience
Some of the vast rewards of working here!
As we work to develop design solutions for our clients, we also work to develop our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
*LI-MO1 / #LI-MO1