If you are looking for a home for the best years of your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals, Geosyntec is the place for you! We are seeking an exceptional Senior Civil/Remediation Design Engineer in Milwaukee or Mequon, WI who is interested in being a leader and contributing to innovative and challenging projects, including the financial and technical evaluation, design, permitting, and construction stages of projects. Our client base includes a diverse mix of industrial, institutional, and governmental clients.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you'd work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge, experience and relationships to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and development, and mentoring tasks.
Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Proven experience marketing to clients to grow business;
- Task and project management, including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, safety, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Management and mentoring of junior staff and managing subcontractors;
- Experience with civil design, remediation design, stormwater and site design, design-build and developing subcontractor bid package specifications and drawings;
- Experience with designing and implementing various in-situ/ex-situ remediation technologies such as, in-situ solidification and stabilization, ground water extraction and treatment, soil vapor extraction, chemical oxidation, and biological reduction;
- Experience with and knowledge of Wisconsin DNR regulations, processes and permitting;
- Experience with and knowledge of CERCLA and TSCA regulations;
- Electrical Power Plant and Substation decommissioning/demolition experience a plus;
- Experience with PFAS and/or sediment removal and remediation projects;
- Involved locally with industry organizations and professional societies;
- Experience managing multiple projects within the scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensuring quality standards on project deliverables;
- Reviewing and managing written document production; and
- Preparing for and participating in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 10%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field. (required)
- Advanced degree in engineering. (preferred)
- Professional Registration (i.e., P.E.). (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 years (10+ preferred) of related consulting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Local to the Milwaukee, WI area (preferred)
- Has experience selling, managing, and doing projects in the Milwaukee and southeast Wisconsin area. (required)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (required)
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients. (required)
- Excellent leadership skills. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.