Company Generac Power Systems
Name Engineering Technician II - Mechanical/Electrical
Req # 62056
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry. Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
We are a team of hardworking builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others in our field. We push boundaries and seek opportunities for our products and people to evolve. As an inclusive workplace, we keep equity and respect at the forefront and empower employees to speak up, take accountability, and bring their best energy to work every day. At Generac, we collaborate, share successes, and promote a drive to win while respecting others and supporting growth.
The Engineering Technician II is responsible for performing electrical, mechanical, and environmental tests of existing products under general supervision. Coordinates and executes testing procedures of products and components to reduce the potential for product defects. This position requires a technician to have the ability to assemble and disassemble generators and set up testing for reliability studies. The technician will monitor and measure running units and investigate failures in a lab environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup test equipment and products in proper sequence per testing procedures.
- Perform tests on existing products for stated criteria involving mechanical, electrical, environmental, and electromechanical functions through ISO 17025 and Laboratory Scope of Operations.
- Use various mechanical, electrical, and electronic measurement devices.
- Accurately interpret and document results of temperature, pressure, and other measurements.
- Assists in the assembly of test equipment and products per blueprint specifications
- Follow guidelines for test procedures
- Support failure analysis documentation through troubleshooting activities.
- Maintain test-related documentation in database environment.
- Prepare formal and informal test reports.
- Partner with fellow Lab team members to execute projects and assist where necessary.
- High School Diploma;
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience managing projects or participating in project teams;
- Experience using specialized equipment such as engine dynamometers;
- Experience welding, shaping sheet metal, mill or turning (dependent on lab location).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic skills in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Able to work non-standard or extended work hours when necessary;
- Demonstrate self-motivation;
- Complete projects within guidelines;
- Work effectively in a fast-pace, team environment;
- Communicate effectively though written and oral means;
- Demonstrate aptitude to lead and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
- Understand basic electrical techniques and theories;
- Demonstrate testing competence as required per ISO 17025 and the Laboratory Scope of Operations;
- Provide own basic set of tools.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to differentiate colors.. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in the typical conditions of a manufacturing environment including seasonal variation in temperatures and occasional exposure to manufacturing fumes or by-products. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- State-of-the-art facility with walking trails, cafe, free parking and many employee activities
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days.
- Every day is Jeans Day! Dress for your day.
- Product loan and discount programs
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."