Company Generac Power Systems
Name Welder I - 3rd Shift - 1020306
Req # 62065
Employment Type Full Time
The Welder I is expected to perform Under the direction of the area supervisor, perform Mig welding, electric or robotic welding equipment in the fabrication of parts, to be used in the assembly of product lines to create a high quality finished product. Components may be standardized or customized as to design and function.
- High School, or Certification
- An understanding of welding fundamentals
- Basic welding experience and/or training
- Basic knowledge of Mig Welding Equipment
- Successful completion of internal weld test
- Working towards apprenticeship or certification
- Ability to follow direction and work in a team environment
* Ability to effectively communicate
* Contributes to identifying problems and implementing appropriate countermeasures.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Problem solving and reasoning skills
* Ability to perform basic reading, writing, and math functions.
* Ability to interpret drawings, schematics and machine specifications.
* Preferred experience on equipment and automation consistent with a metal fabrication, paint, and assembly operation.
* Intermediate mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
* Previous experience with inventory control methods.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.