Company Generac Power Systems
Name Value Stream Manager
Req # 62055
Employment Type Full Time
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!Generac has not only seen success as a company but we have compassion for communities where we live and work. Throughout the company's history, we have remained passionate about helping those in need... both in our day-to-day roles and in our efforts to give back. This commitment is our responsibility, pride and passion. In the role of Value Stream Manager in Trenton, South Carolina, you will lead the daily operation of multiple production shifts with responsibility for interacting with Demand Management, Tactical Purchasing, Materials, Lean/CI, Quality and Facilities and other departments to achieve maximum quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner. The Value Stream Manager is responsible for all facets of supervision including workforce flexibility, staffing, employee onboarding and training/development. The Value Stream Manager leads all aspects of a section (or sections) of the total plant by establishing goals and objectives for the business and manages the assets assigned to that value stream (people and equipment).
- Leads and improves the daily operation of multiple production shifts with responsibility for interacting with Demand Management, Tactical Purchasing, Materials, Lean/CI, Quality and Facilities and other departments to achieve maximum quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner.
- Leads all facets of supervision including workforce flexibility, staffing, employee onboarding and training/development, to include cross-training.
- Leads all aspects of a section (or sections) of the total plant by establishing goals and objectives for the business and manages the assets assigned to that value stream (people and equipment).
- Ensures that key responsibilities are optimized, such as, daily order execution, productivity/efficiency, sequencing, and process adherence. This will be measured by ongoing improvements in driving quality (FPY), Safety (DART), and productivity/efficiency.
- Works closely with Demand Management, Tactical Purchasing and Materials Management and their teams to achieve SMART goals and KPI's.
- Develops and challenges resources to improve performance through systems utilization and process improvements.
- Coaches and mentors his/her production team to improve engagement with local technical/commercial stakeholders and to establish communication channels between the cross functional teams.
- Ensures a safe work place is provided for all employees. Implements and executes frequent department safety inspections and assures the accurate completion of all accident reports.
- Interviews, hires, and monitors the performance of employees for assigned areas; reviews and evaluates their needs and potential; develops appropriate cross-training programs.
- Reviews the daily and weekly shipping schedules and production capabilities to determine how to employ people, equipment and tooling to execute sequence and expedite daily orders.
- Takes ownership of Value Stream P&L's including cost analysis and opportunities, product line margin, PPV goals and manufacturing productivity.
- Designs and directs the work of the team. Selects, coaches and develops staff. Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manages performance - recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or related field OR equivalent experience
- 5 years progressive operations or lean management experience
- 3 years of demonstrated implementation experience in Lean principles
- Lean, Operations or Supply Chain Certifications
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP system
- Demonstrated experience in flow principles, Kanban, and plan for every part (PFEP)
- Demonstrated experience in leadership with a diversity of team skills
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days. Each Friday we relax in our jeans!
- Product loan and discount programs