Company Generac Power Systems
Name Talent Advisor- Talent Management
Req # 61982
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry. Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
The Talent Advisor is a consultative business partner with a primary focus on designing and deploying talent programs, processes and enabling tools for Generac. This position is a key role as part of the Talent & Learning Center of Excellence (T&L COE), reporting directly to the Director, Global Talent Management. The selected and successful individual will collaborate closely with the T&L COE as we look to refine and communicate the Generac talent strategy, and design and deploy various talent programs, processes and enabling tools. In addition, this role will partner closely with the HR business partner team, other Talent Advisors, and leaders to 1.) identify specific talent needs aligned to business priorities; 2.) explore existing processes and solutions and/or design a customized solution(s); and 3.) scale programs and solutions.
Voice of the Customer (VOC) data will serve as a critical input into the design of talent programs and processes, along with external benchmarking and industry best practice.
Talent Management processes and programs may include but are not limited to the following: performance management (e.g., goal setting, continuous feedback, and performance reviews), Talent Review, career planning and development, 360 feedback development tools, strategic and diverse talent planning and pipelining, talent assessment, high-potential development, leadership development, early career identification and development, organizational skill building/upskilling, and coaching.
The Talent Advisor is an individual contributor professional. The position does not have direct reports but will work closely with various levels of leaders and employees to develop and deploy talent management programs and processes globally.
- In partnership with the T&L COE, support the development and deployment of talent management programs and processes. Examples include but are not limited to the following: performance management, Talent Review, succession planning, high potential identification, 360 development feedback tool, and coaching.
- Consult with leaders, employees and HR leaders on the Generac talent strategy and philosophy, supporting programs, processes and tools for shared understanding and leader skill building (competency).
- Partner with the Director of DEI to ensure talent programs are designed with a focus on equity, accessibility, and inclusion.
- Provide learning sessions in support of various talent programs to include live sessions with specific business groups or functional areas, recorded for on-demand learning, and other learning methods.
- Partner with HR leaders on unique talent needs, challenges and/or opportunities. Create and deploy customized solutions aligned to business priorities.
- Serve as the liaison or conduit between the business and the T&L COE, answering questions, providing guidance, and sharing feedback and insights with the COE for continuous improvement.
- Collect, analyze and provide key talent metrics to assess areas of opportunity and success.
Process Development & Enablement
- Develop processes and tools for evaluating the effectiveness of talent programs.
- Partner with Senior Talent Program Manager and Director of Talent Management on continuous process improvement opportunities, leveraging VOC data and insights from HR partners.
- Support the development and deployment of new and/or revised talent programs and processes.
- Directly support the Senior Talent Program Manager with the annual Talent Review cycle. This could include leading office hour sessions with the HR community, preparing supporting decks, providing one-off coaching/counsel to leaders and HR leaders to prep for Talent Review sessions, leading training/learning sessions, facilitating after action debrief sessions, etc.
- Provide input into the communication strategy and approach in support of educating employees and leaders on various talent programs and processes. This work will be done in close partnership with the Senior Talent Program Manager and Internal Communications.
- Support the Senior Talent Program Manager and Director of Talent Management in turning a talent development concept into a practical solution(s). Assist with building corresponding PowerPoints and other supporting program materials.
- Partner with the business and HR leaders to support the development and implementation of new talent development programs such as rotational programs, talent swaps, agile work teams, etc.
- Create supplemental talent development program materials, resources, and communications, aligned to specific business needs.
- Conduct analysis and provide metrics on the effectiveness of new and existing talent development programs.
- Provide guidance and coaching to leaders and employees on the Generac approach to development planning, to include how to create an Individual Development Plan (IDP).
- *Seeing as talent development spans across both talent management and learning and development, much of this work will be done in partnership with both leaders and teams.
- Special Project Work/Other Duties as assigned
- Support other Talent Management, Learning & Development or Engagement projects where needed. This could include leading a vendor Request for Proposal (RFP) effort, supporting system implementation project activities (WorkDay), developing program materials and resources, supporting employee engagement survey action planning efforts, etc.
- Partner with the Senior Talent Management Program Manager, Director, Global Talent Management and Director, DEI to ensure all programs are inclusive and aligned with the Generac People Promise and the I&DB strategy for the organization.
- Research external market best practices to recommend and support improvements to talent management programs / processes based on relevant best practices, external trends, and advanced analytics. Proactively share insights and best practices with the T&L COE.
- Develop working knowledge of the myCAREER talent system to provide backup support to address questions from employees, managers and HR Business Partners.
- Perform other duties and initiatives as needs arise, demonstrating an agile, nimble approach to the role and a strong learning orientation (i.e., learning agility).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Talent Management, Human Resources, or Learning & Development.
- 3+ years of experience supporting various elements of the HR / Talent cycle including designing and executing talent management programs, processes and tools.
- Current working experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint)
- Bachelor's degree in Management or Human Resources
- 5+ years of relevant business experience in Human Resources, Talent Management or Learning & Development in a large, global organization.
- Prior experience with HR processes and systems such as Ceridian, Workday, Avature, SAP or equivalent ERP.
- Previous experience and knowledge of core talent management programs and processes to include two or more of the following: performance management (to include goal setting and performance reviews), Talent Review (e.g. 9-box, succession planning, high potential identification and development) to include preparation and/or facilitation, career and development planning, coaching and talent assessment tools.
- Prior experience advising and consulting with leaders across all levels of the organization.
- Prior facilitation / presentation experience, skills, and abilities.
- Prior experience designing and deploying talent programs, processes, and tools as part of a central team (Center of Excellence).
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel or other data / analytics tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global, matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing organization.
- Strong learning agility/aptitude.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."