EwingCole is a nationally recognized architecture, engineering, interior design and planning firm with offices across the country. Our multi-disciplinary practice is built on the core values of professional excellence, design quality and collaboration. We are seeking an ambitious Design Professional II to join our Philadelphia office.
As part of the Architecture Discipline, you will assist in developing functional requirements and project-design criteria for a wide variety of project, client types, and design problems. You will also help develop preliminary and detailed design concepts, produce contract documents, and develop substantial knowledge of the technical and building code requirements of the profession. This position works independently on routine assignments and receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems from senior level staff. This position works on planning, design and coordination for projects and independently makes decisions on architectural problems and methods under the direction of senior level staff.
- Assist the Project Manager, Project Designer and/or Project Architect in communicating and articulating the design concepts to the client and the technical support personnel in the project.
- Assist the project team with graphic and technical support on projects.
- Work toward professional registration and career growth.
- Assist market segment leaders and the marketing department in the preparation of design documents and presentation materials.
- Schematic Design and Design Development
- Assist the Project Designer and Project Architecture in creating buildings which serve the client's needs and responds to their desired image, space and aesthetic.
- Attend design presentations to the client as much as possible.
- Attend the project design review presentation.
- Attend project coordination meetings.
- Work with the Project Architect and Project Designer in developing the building design by testing it in relation to program, budget, codes and other issues that emerge in the Design Development phase.
- Construction Documents
- Work with senior technical staff to develop construction documents, including BIM model manager for preparation of construction documents in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Working with the Project Architect and the Project Designer, prepare details that articulate or reinforce the project.
- Work with the Engineering disciplines (inclusive of civil and landscape) and Interiors in order to ensure a consistent development of the project towards the design concepts established in earlier phases.
- Construction Administration
- Help carry the design concepts through Construction Administration (CA) by providing support on an as needed basis to the CA team.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities and required or requested.
Please submit a PDF of your portfolio to be considered
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Architecture
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Architectural Experience Program (AXP); in process of attaining professional registration
- Prior conceptual design experience required (i.e. worked within project design teams in the execution of design driven projects)
- Proficiency with Rhino, Grasshopper, 3d max, Sketch-up, AutoCAD, Revit, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite
- Superior graphic design and building design and conceptualization skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master of Architecture
- Prior conceptual design experience working within project teams in the execution of design driven projects.
Benefits of Working at EwingCole
Generous paid time off, 401(k) plan with company match, tuition reimbursement, flexible/hybrid work options, paid parental leave, excellent insurance offerings including medical, dental, vision, accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, identity protection and more.
EwingCole will not be accepting outside recruitment assistance on this position including from agencies with a written agreement in place. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits a resume to EwingCole does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of EwingCole. EwingCole will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity.
EwingCole is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran