WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences - the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world's most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Job Title: Summer 2023 Software Design Co-op/Intern
JOB LOCATION: Austin, Texas
ONSITE: This is an onsite position - the intern/co-op is required to relocate if necessary and work full-time (40 hours) from the location office.
PROGRAM TERM: Summer 2023 (May 22 or June 5, 2023 - August 11, 2023)
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Software System Design Intern designs and implements software and systems that involve and support many supply chain internal systems. This role requires strong collaboration with business partners and stakeholders starting at scoping through blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, developing and rolling out solutions to end users. A large component of the time spend will involve data. The role is expected to develop machine learning, data mining, and statistical algorithms designed to analyze massive datasets to create analytical and decision support systems. This position specializes in collecting, creating, cleansing, correlating, analyzing, and storing data. Data is regularly correlated, curated, and integrated with other data sets and used in data visualizations. They will be responsible for integrating data from multiple sources to make sure that this data is accurate and valuable.
- Develops and implements new data extracts, transformations, and load routines, as appropriate and defined by the project using TALEND, JAVA, SQLSERVER and other software components
- Responsible for designing and developing enterprise level reporting solutions to capture retain and aggregate data for complex report requirements using the Microsoft Business Intelligence framework, Knime or Tableau.
- Responsible for the conceptual, logical, and physical design of data warehouses including DB objects, tables, stored procedures, dimensions, fact tables and OLAP cubes.
- Responsible for design, development, implementation & maintenance of new applications including web applications and scheduled jobs.
- Ensure proper documentation of design, code, system architecture, data flows, debug and test scripts are in repositories.
- Elicit and analyze business requirements for internal and IT supported systems including but not limited to applications, data warehousing, and business intelligence.
- Document business requirements by decomposing the abstract into details, utilizing conceptual modeling tools for clarity, aligning use cases to system requirements, and ensuring alignment between business processes and technology solutions.
- Maintain in-depth up-to-date knowledge of standards, guidelines, and industry trends for Data Warehouse architecture as it relates to reporting and operations, along with establishing coding standards for stored procedures, triggers, naming convention and data access
- Designing, facilitating, and implementing technology solutions in the field of Supply Chain. e.g., Supply Planning MRP, Order Management, Data Management and Analytics.
- Leading the team that is responsible for ETL (TALEND) , Supply Management MRP Systems (KINAXIS RapidResponse) and misc. other Supply Chain Planning Systems.
- Experience in open-source programming languages for large scale data analysis.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with machine learning.
- Working knowledge of MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO/C#/Visual Basic/Silverlight/ASPX.
- Working knowledge of SQL SERVER /MySQL/ORACLE/Perl.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure, server environments and their interrelationship with applications and databases and their performance.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including anticipating issues and implementing solutions.
- Expertise in data warehousing and SQL Server.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- BS or MS Candidate with emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research.
- Exceptional drive, excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with the ability to immediately contribute in a team environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and perform well in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high level of client focus.
- They have a strong work ethic and high attention to detail, with a desire to learn.
- Compensation Range from $35.00-$48.00 hourly - commensurate with experience.
- Healthcare coverage, dental and vision
- Paid holidays
- Relocation stipend
- Education assistance for required Co-op/Intern course
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.