Performs the primary function of a surgical scrub technician in scrubbing, draping, gowning, and maintaining a sterile field for patients undergoing surgery. The scrub technician will gather all supplies and instrumentation needed for the designated operative procedure according to physician's preference card and assure all equipment is functioning before its use. Responsible for instigating safety measures in areas of surgical counts, positioning, electrocautery, and medication administration needed to assure patient is free from harm postoperative. The scrub technician will routinely work weekends, holidays, evenings, nights, overtime, and/or on an on-call/call-back status. (This position summary contains the most relevant duties and responsibilities and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned.)
1. Student in the last year of a Surgical Technology Program that has demonstrated clinical competence in the scrub role.
2. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS's Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
3. High school diploma or GED equivalent
4. Must be a student currently enrolled in a program for Operating Room Technicians
5. Student in good academic standing that is enrolled in an accredited Surgical Technology program.
6. Eligible for certification as an Operating Room Technician within six months of employment
7. Must have and maintain current BLS certification. Certification must be in accordance with the curriculum of the AHA, for Healthcare Provider's Program.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Corporate Human Resources