Benefits day 1, 4% 401k match plus 2% annual employer contribution, quarterly incentive plan up to 8%, plus programs for fitness reimbursement, educational assistance, and employee assistance. Take your career to the next level and join us now!
The production operator is assigned to a specific cell or work area on a production shift. He or she is responsible for the efficient
operation of the production equipment and required to perform the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
1. Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
2. Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
3. Maintain operation of multiple lines, including loading gaskets and packaging end product for shipment.
4. Visually inspect product for quality assurance purposes.
5. Measure and record pipe dimensions as required. Take the proper action according to SPC Charting
6. Control dimensions to maintain pipe specifications with direct supervision.
7. Move bundled pipe from work area (scrap and good product).
8. Assist in production line start-up activities and changeovers.
9. Follow all operational and safety procedures.
10. Cut and band scrap as directed.
11. Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area per established housekeeping standards.
12. Understand Belling Operations.
13. Report any equipment malfunctions, product defects or unsafe conditions immediately.
14. Read and Understand SOP's contained in Operator Manual
15. Relieve and assist other operators as needed.
16. Work as a team with other personnel.
17. Other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent required. No prior experience or training.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable English words and to recognize similarities and differences between
words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal
with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The
employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather
conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake company (NYSE:WLK), is the second-largest polyvinyl chloride pipe and fittings manufacturer in North America. With 35 manufacturing and distribution locations, the company supplies gasketed, solvent weld and restrained joint pipes and a wide range of fittings for a diverse list of markets including municipal water and sewer, plumbing, water well, pool and spa, and agricultural and turf irrigation. Westlake Pipe & Fittings is an industry leader in product development with Certa-Lok spline-lock technology and product systems that are focused on building a better foundation. To learn more, visit the website at WestlakePipe.com
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers and encourages our associates to succeed through individual achievement and teamwork. A career at Westlake Pipe & Fittings, is enriched with an innovative spirit, high work ethic, and rewarding experiences. We foster a culture that supports professional development, personal growth, and opportunities for advancement.
Westlake Management Services, Inc. is proud to offer equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants to join our company and to succeed as members of our team regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.