Process Operator responsibilities include the safe and environmentally compliant production, testing, and manufacture of resin products within prescribed specification ranges. Operators are expected to participate in plant safety, environmental, and production programs, including improvement teams. A successful operator understands and troubleshoots equipment; assists with maintenance and equipment preparation activities and is cross trained with other functions at the site. The operator position supports a 24/7/365 production facility. Operators must be able and willing to work rotating shift, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as necessary.
- Follows all EHS requirements and regulations; demonstrates strong commitment to prevent illness, injury and pollution thru active participation.
- Recognizes and resolves hazards in immediate work areas, reports potential hazards, etc., and takes reasonable actions to control hazards.
- Writes Safe Work, Hot Work and Confined Space Entry Permits and other permits as assigned.
- Completes all classroom and computer based training on time per site, division, corporate, and regulatory standards.
- Maintains an orderly and clean work environment and contributes to housekeeping and 5s improvements at the facility.
- Demonstrates and encourages teamwork; shows respect for others.
- Practices personal accountability, communicates well, provides constructive feedback for others; acts on constructive feedback provided, good listening skills, and interpersonal astuteness.
- Drives quality, consistency, honesty and integrity throughout department procedures, communications, and records
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to field and laboratory test procedures to maintain plant within operational compliance and shipping parameters.
- Learns quickly; is detail oriented; adheres to operating procedures and batch procedures
- Reads directions thoroughly and asks to seek and clarify understanding.
- Ensures all material is recorded and accounted for in the proper locations.
- Maintains a high standard of quality for our products and materials in respect of the customer.
- Demonstrates strong process awareness; operates process control equipment, pumps, motors, reactors, etc.
- Document parameters as required; monitors, observes, and logs operating conditions.
- Creates maintenance equipment repair requests; troubleshoots basic operational problems and takes corrective action.
- Is trained and certified in assigned process and generate Work Order Notifications.
- Ensures all materials are tracked and logged in batch documentation to maintain proper plant inventories.
- Operates equipment through the Distributive Control System (DCS) or other electromechanical means.
- Is capable of using a computer-based technology for processing of data.
- Fully support Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on projects teams.
- Must be willing and capable to assist in the training of others. On the job training is a large portion of the job on shift and each operator must be willing to help in the continual improvement of others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach, push, pull or climb with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds repeatedly. Associate must also have ability to wear a respirator. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work will be required in the operating unit which requires usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, FRC, hard hat, safety shoes, etc. Significant portion of the job is outside and will result in exposure to outside elements.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications
- 2 years min. experience in general industrial manufacturing environment.
- HAZMAT handling, Excellent troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude are required.
- Must work well with others, and function well within a team environment.
- Must communicate and speak English, be self-motivated, follow directions and process information, and be computer literate.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Perform mathematical operations quickly and accurately, and possess eye-hand motor coordination.
Westlake Management Services, Inc. is proud to offer equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants to join our company and to succeed as members of our team regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.