At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Safety Supervisor are to:
- Direct and supervise all security, safety and health compliance activities at the site; to ensure on-going License to Operate for the site to produce phosphorus (which is the critical first step in ensuring glyphosate production for the entire company);
- Optimize people performance and development through mentoring, coaching, training, recognition, progression plans, and developmental opportunities;
- Be responsible for people development in the site's Safety & Health and technician community and for exchange of talents across sites;
- Champion for development, implementation, and continuous improvement of Safety & Health Management systems. Actively support implementation of Bayer HSE(Health Safety and Environment) Key Requirements at the site level; The Soda Springs plant site is also OSHA VPP and RC14001 certified;
- Set strategic direction for the Security, Safety & Health group to not only maintain compliance, but also to proactively pursue continuous improvement in reducing/minimizing employee risks from operations through Exposure Based Safety (EBS), site shutdown support, employee and contractor safety orientations, safety promotions and site-wide safety meetings;
- Propose and conduct initiatives and tools for continuous improvement and to improve decision making and performance across all focus areas through management system using KPI's(Key Performance Indicators), teamwork, standardized work,visual management, focused improvement, and Lean principals (OnePSS).
- Ensure Security, Safety & Health records are maintained in accordance with Bayer and regulatory requirements;
- Organize and coordinate site safety committees and audits;
- Represent the Company in respective national industry associations if needed;
- Support site involvement to cultivate trust within the community.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree with at least five years of work experience focused on safety and health in a manufacturing setting;
- Must have broad knowledge and insight for all federal and state health, safety, and security regulations;
- Knowledge of Safety & Health management systems, OSHA VPP(Voluntary Protection Program) and RC14001(Responsible Care 14001);
- Personal attributes are a leader with focus on developing others and teams, creative problem-solver, and positive can-do attitude, intellectually capable and assertive;
- Ability to work on numerous projects at the same time and demonstrated ability to lead and become a catalyst for change;
- Effectively leads change initiatives within groups and teams despite conflict;
- Ability to interface with all levels of the company.
Position is eligible for domestic relocation benefits.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|| |
| || |
| || |
|Location:||United States : Idaho : Soda Springs || |
|Division:||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code:||693344 || || |
| || |