At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Bayer Row Crops organization is expanding its production operations team in Stanton, MN
We are currently offering a $2500 sign-on bonus for new Seed Technician hires
that have accepted an offer to join Bayer by June 30th, 2023
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Tech, are to:
- Operate equipment in the production sites and leveraging real time data to maximize existing procedures;
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspections; troubleshooting problems associated with equipment, processes, and systems as needed;
- Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of continuous improvement practices and programs (5S, Lean, Six Sigma) conducive to an organized and clean work environment;
- Utilize Focused Improvement (e.g., 5WHYs) techniques to initiate process and standard work improvements;
- Provide coaching and training to seasonal workforce, area trainees and peers supporting achievement and personal development;
- Ensure upstream activities (e.g., field inspection, grower contract) are handled within company standards and business requirements;
- Cultivate partnership with key business partners to plant / field operations (e.g., grower network);
- Use SAP to support administrative procedures, documenting key readings, maintenance orders and production information.
- Maintain key process documentation (operating, start up and shut down procedures; standard work; process flow and instrumentation diagrams; etc.);
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to Bayer s Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards (e.g., general shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures);
- Comply with internal procedures and support compliance with legal requirements applicable to area activities;
- Participate and prepare to lead Daily Direction Setting (DDS) meetings as needed; articulating shift objectives and allocating resources accordingly across all active production areas;
- Support and maintain metrics and relevant information on current Visual Management boards to drive teamwork and facilitate shift change over.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
We offer a competitive hourly rate with overtime as applicable. Starting salary is based on candidate experience, education and market pay for role in the region. Our sites offer excellent internal career growth opportunities within the seed technician role and in cross-functional positions.
We also offer a full benefits package including:
- Generous insurance FROM DAY ONE (including 3 medical insurance package options, vision, dental & life insurance).
- 16 paid holidays
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 401k match & additional core contribution each year
- $2/hour premium pay for 2nd and 3rd shift
- High School Diploma/GED;
- Basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, or facilities with systems);
- Valid Driver's License. In order to be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the company's Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers MVR will be reviewed as part of pre- employment screening;
- Ability to lift 60lbs (a bag of seed);
- Ability to work: days, nights, rotating shifts, weekends and overtime as business needs require.
- Ability to obtain a Pesticide Applicator license.
Relocation is not available
Local regulations and legal requirements vary per country of hire and will be discussed with considered candidates individually based on their potential of hire.
| || |
|Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.|
| || |
|Bayer is committed to providing barrier-free access and support-facilities for individuals with disabilities - during the application process and beyond. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to request any support / equipment they may need via the contact information below.|
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL CANADIAN CANDIDATES: This position requires full vaccination against COVID-19.|
| || |
|Location:||United States : Minnesota : Stanton || |
|Division:||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code:||780850 || || |
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans