At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Principal Environmental Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates tactical decisions and long-term direction to provide strategy for performance initiatives related to environmental performance across site and/or division;
- Develops strategies to meet environmental requirements in a manner that maximizes operational flexibility;
- Ensure regulatory reports, permit applications, etc. are submitted in an accurate and timely fashion;
- Prepare permit applications in a way that provides maximum flexibility in plant operations;
- Completes accurate engineering calculations to support environmental emissions reporting and for permit applications;
- Reviews same information from supporting team members;
- Identifies training areas required for site employees to comply with external and internal regulations;
- Monitors standards for engineering design and calculation assignments regarding environmental issues;
- Applies deep technical or specialized knowledge involving advanced knowledge of a major field;
- Provides leadership on addressing noncompliance situations; works with agencies, corporate HSE and legal to resolve;
- SME on site environmental programs as well as participating as an auditor during internal regional compliance audits and global management system audits;
- Guides and directs analysis and resolution of minor operation interruptions and upsets related to environmental issues;
- Leads partnership with Corporate and Regional Environmental teams;
- Leads large, diverse teams participating in multi site initiatives;
- Contributes significant technical improvements and efficiencies;
- Mentor engineers in the department and site.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BS Degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or related discipline;
- Effectively leverage external and internal relationships;
- Manage several projects simultaneously;
- Effectively communicate complex issues; demonstrated excellent verbal and written communicate skills in both technical and non technical areas;
- Excellent collaboration and influence skills with the ability to interact with all levels of organization from leadership to operations.
- 8 years of progressive engineering experience;
- M.S.in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or related discipline and 6 years of progressive engineering experience.
*Domestic and International Relocation may be available*
*Sponsorship might be available for this role*
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Iowa : Muscatine|