At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Operations Manager (Scott, Mississippi)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Operations Manager (Scott, Mississippi), are:
- Embraces and demonstrates a Safety First culture at all times;
- Responsible for and directing daily operations;
- Reports to the Site Lead, assists with all facets of field and plant operations and has leadership responsibility for Seed Technicians. Member of a team that strives for safety product quality, and process optimization;
- Accountable for safe and timely delivery of quality supply based on production schedules while maintaining an efficient operation. Performs duties in a manner that support overall site Key Metrics to include: Safety, Quality, TIP ( Total Individual volume Performance), TOP (Total Overall volume Performance), and cost efficiency;
- Embraces an environment that promotes the building of good working relationships within the site;
- Achieves results through influencing others, personal proficiency and modeling company value;
- Participates as a member of the Site Leadership Team. Will maintain a strong relationship with the team and other site personnel to support operations and resolve operational challenges.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our valuesMore specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree;
- Valid Drivers License (in order to be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the company's Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers - MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening);
- Ability to critically think about the business;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Availability to meet overtime demands, including occasional work on weekends and holidays;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in our business, courageously face new challenges and opportunities and leverage the talents, skills and resources of team members and peers;
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.;
- Ability to travel independently up to 20% or more (including overnights).
- Five or more years of work-related experience in agriculture, supply chain and/or manufacturing;
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Business, and/or Engineering;
- Prior experience as a people leader and/or project leader;
- Track record of excelling at business metrics.
Domestic relocation may be available for this role.
Visa Sponsorship may be available for this role.
Position will be based in Scott, MS.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Mississippi : Scott|