What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for "Because People Matter," because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
BPM's IPO Readiness and Technical Accounting Group Overview
No matter the size of your business, chances are companies may need assistance with complicated accounting projects from time to time. BPM's Technical Accounting Group is here to assist and advise so our clients may focus on their business operations. We scale up with companies during spikes in operations related to complex accounting projects or periodic reporting, and we scale down when typical operations resume.
We pride ourselves in collaborating with companies to achieve their accounting and reporting goals in a cost-effective manner. Our work is exciting and includes a number of projects with Bay Area IPO's who are trailblazers in the making. We are seeking driven and high performing individuals who want to join an entrepreneurial and forward-thinking group.
To learn more about BPM and this group, visit our website at www.
You have (desired skills & experience):
You will (job responsibilities):
- 10+ years' experience in public accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- CA or CPA license is required.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Passion for helping clients and the ability to act and lead as the main client contact.
- Ability to function as a team leader in executing projects.
- Significant experience in writing complex technical accounting position papers and assisting with capital market transactions such as S-1s and S-4s.
- Aptitude for technical accounting research and self-education, and the desire for continuous learning.
- Ability to collaborate with teams and own their work product.
- Ability to motivate engagement teams.
- Professional and personable demeanor.
- Proven solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills.
- Add value through GAAP analysis of complex transactions including equity, complex debt agreements, leasing, revenue recognition, and business combinations.
- Manage large complex projects through review and completion.
- Collaborate with engagement teams and be comfortable owning a project independently.
- Strengthen client relationships and generate additional engagement opportunities through excellent quality, timely execution and strategic approach to service delivery.
- Add value to public and private clients by assisting in the following: Detailed revenue analysis and revenue recognition; Equity - stock compensation (FAS 123R, warrant accounting) and EPS; Draft or review complex sets of financial statements with disclosures, SEC Reporting, including S-1, S-4, 10K, 10Q and other filings; Identification and application of technical accounting guidance to client situations, and/or Global accounting activities including IFRS, foreign currency and consolidations.
- Add value to clients to successfully navigate them through complex audit requirements.
- Understand complex FASB and SEC rules and regulations, client deadlines and deliverables, requests and preferences to deliver excellent client services.
- Identify, analyze and conclude on generally accepted accounting principles for the client and consult with the technical accounting practice leader.
- Ensure work is delivered timely and in accordance with firm standards.
- Supervise, coach and mentor all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback and training. Develop and communicate workplace culture and code of conduct.
- Interact closely with clients / auditors and manage multiple projects.
- Deliver memorandums written in an organized manner with proper grammar and sentence structure and appropriately addressing all technical matters.
Wondering if you should apply?
BPM is powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. We recognize, develop, and empower talent and encourage diversity of thought. Your point of view, skillset and experience will only make us stronger, so if you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.