Company Generac Power Systems
Name Production Administrative Assistant
Req # 62006
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, our people help make the world safer, brighter, and more productive. We are united by our efforts to inspire change for a better world; impact our people and community; influence and achieve positive results; and innovate the industry. Our shared goals allow people with diverse backgrounds and points of view to work together, bringing our global customers peace of mind through reliable products and exceptional support.
Job Summary: The Production Assistant is responsible for supporting the Operations team by working collaboratively with employees and management on various tasks and projects. This role is responsible for ordering department supplies, preparing reports, maintaining personnel records and payroll information, and training others in relation to these tasks. This position also includes general receptionist responsibilities by directing calls and greeting visitors/guests to the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to increasing team efficiency by providing support both operationally and administratively.
- Maintain records of company policies and procedures; create spreadsheets and databases to support business need.
- Provide weekly/daily reporting as requested to management.
- Assist in coordinating facility meetings and events by accommodating several schedules.
- Process intercompany and external mail; manage and order office supplies.
- Provide general receptionist duties for the company by directing calls, taking messages, and greeting guests.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate, coordinate, and execute site engagement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School education, GED, or equivalent certification.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Ability to work on and complete multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues that may arise;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized in a changing environment;
- Solid attention to detail and ability to manage shifting priorities.
- 1 year of related work experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Associate's Degree;
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."